Nourish Restaurants in liquidation?

It would seem that Nourish Restaurants Limited- one branch on Pinstone Street, another on Bond Street, Leeds- will shortly be closing.

According to a letter from Bridgewood Financial Solutions Ltd.: "The directors of [Nourish Restaurants Limited], having regard to its financial position, have decided to convene meetings of members and creditors with a view to placing the company into liquidation".

I feel particularly sorry for those businesses, many of which will be small, local concerns, which will be owed money by them, and which will be very lucky to receive anything as recompense, as well as their hard-working members of staff, who may yet still be unaware of the situation.

As a footnote, the Leeds branch is still advertising for new front-of-house staff. Can this be right?

If you have this letter I assume you are one of the creditors?

The advert may have been placed before the letter or could be an indication that they have someone interested in the Leeds branch

Be that as it may, their A-board would appear somewhat disingenuous. Sorry, original link was incorrect- now corrected.

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 15:03 ----------

The advert may have been placed before the letter or could be an indication that they have someone interested in the Leeds branch

Both are dated 5th May.

Edited by morecamberox

If you have this letter I assume you are one of the creditors?

:confused::confused::confused:

Shame. I got my lunch there for the first time the other day. Was delicious, but rather pricey. Guess that might explain the problems to some extent.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Update:

The total debts of the two companies are £214,990.35, much of it to small local businesses, and even members of staff.

The Leeds branch has closed for good, yet the Sheffield branch is still trading, with no break in operations, although, of course, under a different parent company.

Related companies, with common directors, are:

Nourish Fast Food Ltd. (the new one)

Nourish S1 Ltd. (still trading)

Nourish Restaurants Ltd. (in administration- commencement of winding up 17th May 2016)

Also; Gourmet Sammich Company Ltd. (registered at same address, dissolved by compulsory strike-off 12th April 2016)

DBR Holdings Ltd. (registered at same address, active)

Walkley Blue Ltd. (same correspondence address, active)

Incidentally, one of the directors of Nourish was a director of Sheffield City Centre BID Ltd., but resigned on 15th June 2016.

That is unfortunately how some business operate, run up huge debts and the liquidate, starting up a new business in place of the old one.

If you're a creditor who has been stung the only thing you can do is put the word out to everyone not to give any credit and demand payment in full and up front.