Closure confirmed of Royal Mail Delivery Office Ecclesall Road

Rumour has it that the Dore delivery office is next for closure, details to be confirmed.

Edited by 1978
Spelling

Currently waiting for a parcel that took 12 hours after being sorted at national hub to get to Rotherham sorting office, why has it gone to Rotherham don't we have one in Sheffield now.

7 hours later at 7 this morning it was out for delivery with an 11 hour potential delivery window so am expecting quite a large vehicle to turn up with a round that big.

If it`s being delivered by Parcelfarce I think they have a big depot near Magna now so that is prob why it says it went to Rotherham.

When I lived in Sheffield there was one postman from Tapton office who did this daily. I saw his van approaching from an upstairs window and as I was expecting a parcel made my way down in time to see the card coming through the door. He nearly cr****ed himself when I opened the door and asked him for the parcel. He admitted he did not have it with him so I suggested he went and got it as I needed it. He disappeared and 20 minutes later had his manager on the phone threatening to suspend deliveries to my address as I had threatened the postman.

Royal mail? I would love to see them fold up and let someone in who are willing to do the simple job they are paid to do.

don;t forget that Royal mail exists to provide income for CWU members anything else is just a side effect,

---------- Post added 08-12-2016 at 22:32 ----------

I completely agree,unfortunately I thought they were sending it by DHL but they handed it over to Royal Mail for UK delivery.

I have expressed my annoyance to the supplier for the delay and inconvenience and if it doesn't apear before I go on holiday on Saturday it will be going back to sender and I'll buy a case when I get there.

The most annoying thing is their tracker which is completely fictitious as as far as the shipper is concerned is shoing it as delivered to my home address.

if it is sent through the postal system in a place where DHL is the the post provider it will quite often end up with RM or Parcelforce for the Uk leg...

DHL being a segment of The German National Postal System. UPS being a massive part of the u.s. postal system... Its plain to see the way Royal Mail will be going under the Tories

Seems the neo Thatcherites ongoing policy's of fragmenting state assets and selling them off for a fraction of their worth just carries on...other countries seem to take advantage of the fact.

DHL being a segment of The German National Postal System. UPS being a massive part of the u.s. postal system... Its plain to see the way Royal Mail will be going under the Tories

Seems the neo Thatcherites ongoing policy's of fragmenting state assets and selling them off for a fraction of their worth just carries on...other countries seem to take advantage of the fact.

DHL and Deutsche post are part of the same group , but UPS and USPS are totally seperate concerns .

but then again facts are never s strong suit for the clause4istas

DHL and Deutsche post are part of the same group , but UPS and USPS are totally seperate concerns

I already knew thanks anyway .dhl is owned by the German Reichs mail company zippy..us system is completely different,has 3 massive mail companies

《The USPS has exclusive access to letter boxes marked "U.S. Mail" and personal letterboxes in the United States, but still competes against private package delivery services, such as the United Parcel Service (UPS) and has part use with FedEx Express.[3]》https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service

The staff at Pond Street do seem more clued-up than those at Ecclesall Road were.

And the opening hours are longer.

"clued-up"?? All they ever did was hand over parcels to people locally, now they have to catch a bus in to town..

how are pond street more clued up , or do you pop into debate the economic policys of alberto de Stefani whilst collecting your mail?

Edited by WestTinsley

Post office right before Banner Cross pub is closed?

I already knew thanks anyway .dhl is owned by the German Reichs mail company zippy..us system is completely different,has 3 massive mail companies

《The USPS has exclusive access to letter boxes marked "U.S. Mail" and personal letterboxes in the United States, but still competes against private package delivery services, such as the United Parcel Service (UPS) and has part use with FedEx Express.[3]》https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service

however your assertion that UPS is part of the US postal service is incorrect ...

however your assertion that UPS is part of the US postal service is incorrect ...

No, I didn't say that .. read what I wrote zippy, I said postal system ie the system as whole not a company .ciao

Edited by WestTinsley