Peak service has become horrible

I call it the moneygrabber bus from the peaks. Every sundayafternoon it comes from castleton full with people standing downstairs and upstairs a hour too late because it takes so long to get everyone on.

At fox house yesterday the bus was rather late and there were 40 people waiting.

When it finally arrived it was nice to see it was a double this time as on some sunny weekends they drive singles that don't have enough capacity and people are standing packed shoulder to shoulder on this long journey.

Only thing is this double was very old rattling out of date, historical, guess pensioners will like it but I rather have an up to date bus.

When I was at Whitby the driver was late and tried to get people on as fast as he could, hurry hurry, no need to scan pass waving people through encouraging them to be fast and selling tickets 10 times faster than sheffields first drivers.

So... You're complaining that a bus was old and too popular?

So you want Sheffield bus drviers to potentially get sacked for not scanning all passes, just to speed up your journey?

What a fantastic idea. Ring up First bus depot straight away with this genius suggestion!!!!

So... You're complaining that a bus was old and too popular?

When you are in it with 100 people I prefer a normal service.

---------- Post added 09-05-2016 at 09:17 ----------

So you want Sheffield bus drviers to potentially get sacked for not scanning all passes, just to speed up your journey?

What a fantastic idea. Ring up First bus depot straight away with this genius suggestion!!!!

They can push a button to substitute pass scanning.

I call it the moneygrabber bus from the peaks. Every sundayafternoon it comes from castleton full with people standing downstairs and upstairs a hour too late because it takes so long to get everyone on.

At fox house yesterday the bus was rather late and there were 40 people waiting.

When it finally arrived it was nice to see it was a double this time as on some sunny weekends they drive singles that don't have enough capacity and people are standing packed shoulder to shoulder on this long journey.

Only thing is this double was very old rattling out of date, historical, guess pensioners will like it but I rather have an up to date bus.

When I was at Whitby the driver was late and tried to get people on as fast as he could, hurry hurry, no need to scan pass waving people through encouraging them to be fast and selling tickets 10 times faster than sheffields first drivers.

I agree for me the service is now unpleasant to use.

They used to put extra buses on at the weekend to deal with the demand.

Overcrowded single deckers.

Old worn out buses.

Taking ages to get down ecclesall rd taking on local passengers.

Sometimes diverts to Dore taking even longer!

The weekday afternoons are particularly bad with single deckers full of school kids from Hope often going past stops.

'Normal'? As opposed to what?

I don't understand how the service wasn't normal. There was a bus, somewhat late and an a large number of passengers wanted to catch it. How would you make this more normal?

'Normal'? As opposed to what?

I don't understand how the service wasn't normal. There was a bus, somewhat late and an a large number of passengers wanted to catch it. How would you make this more normal?

Tinny music from mobile phones on speaker mode, and the aroma of someone trying to sneak a ciggie upstairs.

Service was minimal but acceptable before the changes.

It has turned into a nightmare now. Not just one off, its like this every weekend now, the problem has become something standard.

The sickening thing is that people don't have a choice to go somewhere else to use a better operator, they don't have a choice and first can demand payments from people no matter how bad substandard the service is.

Problem for me is that I cannot drive anymore due to health issues and don't have the choice to take the car. At least I don't pay because of my condition but if I really had to I would give them a really hard time for milking money for worse than third world service in busses as packed as trains in India.

It just needs more buses by the sound of it.

There is a legal limit to how many people can be a on a bus though, if they're exceeding that then you have a valid complaint and should contact the transport executive.

---------- Post added 09-05-2016 at 09:17 ----------

They can push a button to substitute pass scanning.

Why dont they have that as standard. I dont see the point of all this modern technology to give a twirly their free bus ride. These scanning machines hardly ever work when why not resort to simply pressing the button. Why complicate matters.

The operators are recompensed for the journeys of pensioners, that can't happen if they haven't recorded how many are travelling.

The operators are recompensed for the journeys of pensioners, that can't happen if they haven't recorded how many are travelling.

Okay fair enough but why not have the push button system. They do the same with general passengers why not with the twirlys as well.