Deer in Sheffield?

Went in this morning but no sight of it. Can't imagine where it might have gone.

Probably moved on to the Botanical Gardens, feasting on some exotic plants!

Bet that was amazing to see... did you think you was half asleep :)

Oh deer :hihi:

Don't you mean roe deer? :huh:

Don't you mean roe deer? :huh:

you know it ;)

Has anyone else seen these? So close to urban area just off the BMW track?

I had deer visit my garden on a regular basis at a previous house on Crookes, I believe they come up from the Rivelin valley.

I live a lot closer to the Bolehills now, we often get foxes coming round at night so I can well imagine deer, although I haven't seen any as such.

Has anyone else seen these? So close to urban area just off the BMW track?

Presumably you mean BMX track (assuming it's still there, I haven't been for years and remember it being built) - I don't think the Bolehills is quite posh enough to have it's own race track exclusively for BMWs :D

Last year the deer population in Britain was said to be at it's highest for in excess of a thousand years, in fact the government were said to be considering a large scale cull in order to protect the countryside.

It appears these days that all sorts of animals appear to be becoming almost urbanised as they have to come realise the amounts of food available to them in urban areas. Of course deer are herbivores however they also love many types of cultivated crops as well. These tend to be grown near to and around towns and cities as well as many a fruit which they also enjoy therefore they are being drawn closer and closer. As they become more familiar with humans they become less scared as well.

Great to see all in all.

Hahahaha autocorrect at its best! Definately BMX.

There is a lot of allotments round there I suppose. JuSt a shock to see them so close to my house.

There have been a few muntjac spotted around Bradfield recently also.

I had deer visit my garden on a regular basis at a previous house on Crookes, I believe they come up from the Rivelin valley.

I live a lot closer to the Bolehills now, we often get foxes coming round at night so I can well imagine deer, although I haven't seen any as such.

Muntjack? :love: