Deer in Sheffield?

My springer startled one in the undergrowth a few month's back whilst I was walking her down in the Mayfield Valley near Forge Dam, so they must be getting around. I couldn't quite believe my eyes at the time as this deer suddenly leapt out in front of me. Unfortunately it moved so quickly I couldn't really get a good enough view to identify a species - it was either an adult of a small species or a young calf of a big one though.

I've seen them on Parkwood Springs, seen them walking over the Five Arches bridge to get there from Beeley Wood end.

we had one run out from a barrier on stocksbridge bypass, very scary this big dear sticking his head on my window he was that close. thank god he stopped in time so did we lol

I picked up a road kill (still warm) Roe about 10 years ago on the Stocksbridge bypass near what is now the turning down to Fox Valley. Good to know there are still some around. Also seen a couple up towards the Flouch. Seen plenty around Hoylandswaine down to Silkstone. Best sighting was a family group, Buck, Doe and two Fawns.

Angel1

There's a house on the way to Baslow. Got loads of them on the front lawn.

Anyone seen a small deer wandering around in the Sharrow area? Saw it today in the grassy area near Mill Pond, can't say I've ever seen one in Sheffield before.

I once saw a zebra crossing on London Road.

A few weeks ago my nephew was driving on the Hathersage road when he saw an abolutely magnificent Stag

A few weeks ago my nephew was driving on the Hathersage road when he saw an abolutely magnificent Stag

Probably the same one thats currently lying dead on the grass verge near toads mouth

:huh:

Deer in Sheffield?

I'll say it is...

... have you seen the price of venison burgers in Sainsbury's? :confused:

Looking at the location of the general cemetery and knowing that there are deer on the moors around Sheffield, the most likely explanation is as someone as already said, that the deer has followed the Porter river down through Endcliffe Park and on to the general cemetery area.

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 08:43 ----------

Like this?

http://www.stag.org.uk/userfiles/images/AndyIMG_0329.jpg

Edited by DerbyTup

I saw three deer in 2013 at malin bridge. They were on the banking at the side of the river. Were there for ages ,then jumped in the water and ran up the river to loxley. I have never seen them again.

theres quite a few at at the abbey on abbey lane near the golf course I am told