Deer in Sheffield?

Muntjack? :love:

No … Alcoblog

Muntjack? :love:

Small deer species, they are working their way up the country I think. My mate in Essex has loads of them around in the woods he shoots.

Angel1.

No … Alcoblog

Took me a LONG time to figure this sentence out :hihi:

I was up near the old derelict Thornseat lodge at Bradfield last night at about 9pm at the junction of Mortimer Road and Windy Bank and they were all over the road, must have been about a dozen of them at least, some very young ones too.

I saw one a week or so ago on Tofts Lane,near the Rivelin pub.Only saw it a few seconds before it blended in with the greenery.

It's sad how many dead ones you see if you navigate the fossdyke between saxilby and torksey. They try to cross the the canal but can't get out and drown

Article by Prof. Ian Rotherham in Saturday's Star.

He saw a Munjac recently near to where he lives, Norton lees I believe.

Anyone seen them in the Gleadless Valley ?

we had one run out from a barrier on stocksbridge bypass, very scary this big dear sticking his head on my window he was that close. thank god he stopped in time so did we lol

Guest makapaka

I was in the pub the other day and heard someone saying they had seen them in walkley cementary on rivelin bank. Muntjac was the species they said.

There's nothing else for it, we'll have to re-introduce wolves to control the deer...

I have seen deer before in walkley cemetery but not for a few months and they were roe deer .

Saw a muntjac by the canal at atterrcliffe a few years back there was concern because of near bye rail tracks plus super tram I phoned sheffield wildlife officials and was told they had introduced a colony at the wildlife area on old Blackburn Meadows site told not to worry because they sometimes stray! Wonder how they are doing or did they all stray never seen any since come to think of it where have all the ducks gone off the canal?