Do you want Adkins to stay or go?

Should Adkins get the sack?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Adkins get the sack?

• Yes - I'm a Blade.
    • No - I'm a Blade.
    • Yes - I'm a supporter of another team.
    • No- I'm a supporter of another team.
    • Show me the results, please.

Chris Wilder got the job ,Sky.

Worst kept secret is now on the official site:

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-nigel-adkins-3109392.aspx

Sheffield United and team manager Nigel Adkins have parted company, it was announced today (12th May).

Mr Adkins took over in June 2015 on a three year contract but has been relieved of his duties after one season.

The following is a statement from the Club:

"A decision has been made by the board of Sheffield United for Nigel to depart immediately. Nigel is a gentleman and, as proved by his record, a very good manager, but the overriding aim is promotion from League One and the Club feels that this is the correct time to make a change."

Another good managers reputation ruined at S2.

I think he ruined his own reputation when he signed the average players (not Billy Sharp), set up the tactics and slagged off the fans after the final game of the season. Clough got us into the playoffs last season with 90% the same squad, Adkins made some additions and took us backwards, thankfully Billy Sharp has been banging them in or we would have been in a worse position.

Edited by byeo

Another good managers reputation ruined at S2.

Who was that?

Ridiculous decision. Sacking manager after manager doesn't work.

I was amazed you managed to get Adkins in the first place, yet you give him one season (all be it admittedly not a good one) and before he has the chance to really stamp his authority on things he's gone!

The trouble is with football these days, it's an instant success thing or out.

Well you're not spending your 6th consecutive season in League One by chance, you are a standard League One outfit!

Every fan expects their club to be higher than they are, and god knows being a Wednesday fan I've had that feeling most of my 40 years watching them, but in reality a team lies where it for a reason, because that's where they belong.

Stability or giving a manager time is sadly lacking in this industry, after all didn't Man Utd fans scream for Alex Fergusons head after a short while in charge??? I'll leave that with you...Next on the conveyer belt please!

Ridiculous decision. Sacking manager after manager doesn't work.

I was amazed you managed to get Adkins in the first place, yet you give him one season (all be it admittedly not a good one) and before he has the chance to really stamp his authority on things he's gone!

The trouble is with football these days, it's an instant success thing or out.

Well you're not spending your 6th consecutive season in League One by chance, you are a standard League One outfit!

Every fan expects their club to be higher than they are, and god knows being a Wednesday fan I've had that feeling most of my 40 years watching them, but in reality a team lies where it for a reason, because that's where they belong.

Stability or giving a manager time is sadly lacking in this industry, after all didn't Man Utd fans scream for Alex Fergusons head after a short while in charge??? I'll leave that with you...Next on the conveyer belt please!

Wednesday fans lecturing Blades about sacking managers.:D

I think its true of all clubs its just your recent track record has been abysmal, at least when the Owls sacked the likes of Megson and Jones it had a positive effect, united have gone backwards.

I think its true of all clubs its just your recent track record has been abysmal, at least when the Owls sacked the likes of Megson and Jones it had a positive effect, united have gone backwards.

That's why they've just sacked Adkins.

That's why they've just sacked Adkins.

Only time will tell if its going to be positive though, if the board continue to give no financial backing it may just be another ever decreasing circle, although Wilder does have a reputation of working on a budget.

Only time will tell if its going to be positive though, if the board continue to give no financial backing it may just be another ever decreasing circle, although Wilder does have a reputation of working on a budget.

Other teams seem to have been more successful on much lesser budgets than are available to Blades managers,how come they can do it?

Other teams seem to have been more successful on much lesser budgets than are available to Blades managers,how come they can do it?

One of the main problems this season seems to have been the players attitude and application, there also seems to be disciplinary problems, a group of limited players all pulling in the same direction can be a force for the good, the team spirit at SWFC is excellent at the moment and was last season with a much lesser team. Its probably Wilders first job to root out the bad apples and get the team playing for one another.

Its probably Wilders first job to root out the bad apples and get the team playing for one another.

I'm hoping some of the back room staff will give Chrissy Wilder a head's up on a few of these bad apples.

How is that a lecture?

I said the same when Wednesday sacked Megson.

In the long run it ended up being positive for us, unfortunately for you, your positive point came and went with Clough!