Advice on alcoholic drunks harassing me/passers by

You have failed to see and recognise that drunkards, prostitutes and other people you consider to see as a menace are home-grown made by people like yourself.

It may sound strange to you but someone who balks that everyone who farts a stinky fart should be chained, locked and thrown out of society will cause others to reject that very society.

When society says to treat others violently and aggressive why would you want to be part of that society? Not exactly kind caring loving people like ash, are they?

I am not a drinker prostitute or street menace because I know there is no need to degrade and become subhuman to step out of a society that treats many of its citizens with insane disrespect. And rewards those citizens who are good respectable members of the club.

It is just like certain closed minded religious issues, it only looks a little different and the religion is called society.

Ash you sound to me just like those hard core preachers fighting for their god and I will never become a member or go back to that animalistic way of living. Who do you think you are, do you own the world? Do you own all the people in England, are they your property for you to tell them what to do or decide if they can be free or locked up?

It is because people like you try to take away freedom violently that some drop out often in a negative depressed way, it can also be done in a positive constructive way but this is something we don't teach our children, the society loves depression.

What on earth are you on about?

They have help available. In this case, they sound like immigrant trouble makers. The police should arrest & deport them.

You have failed to see and recognise that drunkards, prostitutes and other people you consider to see as a menace are home-grown made by people like yourself.

It may sound strange to you but someone who balks that everyone who farts a stinky fart should be chained, locked and thrown out of society will cause others to reject that very society.

When society says to treat others violently and aggressive why would you want to be part of that society? Not exactly kind caring loving people like ash, are they?

I am not a drinker prostitute or street menace because I know there is no need to degrade and become subhuman to step out of a society that treats many of its citizens with insane disrespect. And rewards those citizens who are good respectable members of the club.

It is just like certain closed minded religious issues, it only looks a little different and the religion is called society.

Ash you sound to me just like those hard core preachers fighting for their god and I will never become a member or go back to that animalistic way of living. Who do you think you are, do you own the world? Do you own all the people in England, are they your property for you to tell them what to do or decide if they can be free or locked up?

It is because people like you try to take away freedom violently that some drop out often in a negative depressed way, it can also be done in a positive constructive way but this is something we don't teach our children, the society loves depression.

What on earth are you on about?

A bit double dutch i think?

I think the solution to this problem needs to be a national one. As no end of time I have seen beggars asking people for money, usually targeting students or visitors who are new to our city. They usually frequent the bus or train station.

A few of them ask for "bus fair" or money for cigarettes and then the same people are blind drunk sat outside a local store trying to earn a living selling clothes.

If everyone was educated not to give money, but instead either to buy the big issue, give to charity or buy them food and drink.Then we would not have the problem of these folk harassing the likes of the OP.

Today someone was asking for money and gave me abuse for ignoring him. I was ignoring him because the past few Sundays he was blind drunk outside the said clothes shop and he was using the excuse of "bus fair" again.

Campaign for the council to take away the shops licence to sell alcohol?

Idon't think this option will work , the council have just allowed , yet another , late night off license on West street , against many objections from residents , business's and user's of that area . This council don't listen , they have an arrogant contempt for the people they are supposed to represent .:mad:

Idon't think this option will work , the council have just allowed , yet another , late night off license on West street , against many objections from residents , business's and user's of that area . This council don't listen , they have an arrogant contempt for the people they are supposed to represent .:mad:

the council are nimbys( not in my back yard) as long as its not happening to them they don't give a damn. ive seen the people that sit on these licencing panels and its frightening, half the time they aren't even aware of the areas in question

the council are nimbys. I could think of a few better words to describe our council but its not allowed on here

If everyone was educated not to give money, but instead either to buy the big issue, give to charity or buy them food and drink.Then we would not have the problem of these folk harassing the likes of the OP.

They are probably violently harassing because people are not giving them any money. If they had money they get alcohol or drugs and leave people alone while they are tripping.

If nobody would give them any money they still need to recover from their addictions and possibly find a different way to face their emotional issues. This is not likely to happen without professional support and the willingness of the patient.

Without money and without treatment they will become more violent harassing to get what they need to survive.

I reckon many of them would have committed suicide if they had not started drinking.

Interesting article from Sheffield Online.

Looks like the police admit there is a problem or problems but not go so far as to say its a no go area.

Interesting article from Sheffield Online.

Looks like the police admit there is a problem or problems but not go so far as to say its a no go area.

Yesterday I witnessed police actively search one of them, check ID etc. near cathedral.

Yesterday I witnessed police actively search one of them, check ID etc. near cathedral.

Good ! They need to do more of this !!!!