Handsworth - newspaper deliveries / chip shop / chinese / swings

Hello

Just moved to Handsworth and for my job I need daily papers delivering. Does anyone know a newsagents which does this?

Also, a good chippy, chinese and where are there baby swings?

Thank you! :D

For newspaper deliveries try the paper shop next to St Mary's Church at the top of bandwidth hill

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 15:32 ----------

Sorry should say handsworth hill (damn spellcheck)

For newspaper deliveries try the paper shop next to St Mary's Church at the top of bandwidth hill

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 15:32 ----------

Sorry should say handsworth hill (damn spellcheck)

Thanks, do you know what it's called?

Sorry I don't , but as I say just next to the church near the cross keys pub.

Hi Try the Oak House chippy.That has done lovely chips every time I,be tried it

Hi Try the Oak House chippy.That has done lovely chips every time I,be tried it

Used to be best in area (talking pre decimalisation) but last time I tried chips were only half done, pale and soft, needed second frying to crisp outside.

Hope they have improved.

Used to be best in area (talking pre decimalisation) but last time I tried chips were only half done, pale and soft, needed second frying to crisp outside.

Hope they have improved.

We tried Handsworth fish bar, it was nice but the fish was bit of a funny texture!

Hi!Welcome to Handsworth!Hope that you have settled in!

The newsagents on Handsworth Road is the Premier mini market. My partners mother has her papers delivered from here and has had a mixed experience with none deliveries/ mix up with bill, but these were soon rectified - a newish business, so can expect some teething problems!

Chinese take away - I used Rainbow on Bramley Park Road for many years, great food and portions, but was disappointed with the quality of my last take away a few years ago, so haven't been back since - I might have just been unlucky!

My present favourite 'local'Chinese is Wonder Kitchen on Worksop Road, Swallownest - Chinese and Thai food - good portions and good quality.

Fish and Chips - Oak House on Handsworth Road - used to go here regularly many years ago, but again had a couple of bad meals, so haven't been back for many years - expect that they may have changed management/staff a few times since my last visit, so things might ( hopefully) have improved.

Whitby's fish and chip restaurant and take away near Morrison's/Waverly estate isn't too bad ( not as good as fish and chips eaten at Whitby of course)

Baby swings - not entirely sure, but there is a children's playground in High Hazels park, Darnall, so there might be baby swings there.

I've not been to Handsworth much so can't help you. However I am a nosy little man and wanted to ask you what kind of job has a requirement for delivered newspapers?

Hope you love your new house.

I've not been to Handsworth much so can't help you. However I am a nosy little man and wanted to ask you what kind of job has a requirement for delivered newspapers?

Hope you love your new house.

Haha I do freelance PR.