Co-op stores sold off to Budgens.

Add Dronfield Stonelow to that list...

The Stonelow on is the same as Greendale, the one in the precinct off Green Lane I think.

Just been in the Budgens on Pinstone Street and they've got signs up saying it's closing down. Just checked this thread and it's not even 6 months since it opened, must be performing badly.

They've started reducing a lot of their stock but at 25% off, it's now comparably priced with Tesco! :-/

Main reductions are crisps, confectionery, groceries etc - only a few reductions on alcohol.

Just been in the Budgens on Pinstone Street and they've got signs up saying it's closing down. Just checked this thread and it's not even 6 months since it opened, must be performing badly.

They've started reducing a lot of their stock but at 25% off, it's now comparably priced with Tesco! :-/

Main reductions are crisps, confectionery, groceries etc - only a few reductions on alcohol.

It can't have been profitable if the Co-op wanted rid really, I'm not sure how Budgens thought they would do better with higher prices on lower quality goods. That said I think something is going off on that row of shops, construction work on the new Co-operative Bank going into the old Pansonic store has stopped and the ATM they put in has been taken back out.

Rumour is it might be making way for the new John Lewis as part of the retail quarter plans.