Co-op stores sold off to Budgens.

Not one that was previously Somerfield, the one at Fulwood was built as a co-op. There are just 3 exSomerfield as the first 2 posts state. There are over 30 co-ops in Sheffield, hopefully we are not going to get a question about each.

Why not, might be of interest to some.....

Anyway, back on topic, the co-op in question opposite the Peace Gardens always seems a bit neglected and understocked when I've called in. Hopefully Budgens new owner will smarten it up.

About time to be honest. I dont know why people still shop at the coop. Its extortionate prices when you can get stuff much cheaper in Asda or even Sainsburys.

About time to be honest. I dont know why people still shop at the coop. Its extortionate prices when you can get stuff much cheaper in Asda or even Sainsburys.

Because they need something and the price does not matter to go somewhere else for cheaper.

Now you know.

I don't think you were being honest because you could have figured that out yourself as you are intelligent enough to compare supermarkets and prices.

Could also be to do with yhe ethical trading that coop does

Isn't there one off Abbey Lane near Woodseats too?

Yes a co op on dale wood road

Yes a co op on dale wood road

Hutclife wood road I think.

There are 2 streams to the Budgens business - some stores are owned & run by Budgens, and others are franchises. It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen here.

I think you will find that Budgens are part of the mighty Booker Group, you never know who owns who until you search deep.

http://www.bookergroup.com

Yes, the corporate stores are. But there are also a number of Budgens Stores franchises owned by independent businesses.

Unfortunately the staff in that Co-Op on Pinstone St will just transfer over to the new company, in my experience the staff in that branch are some of the rudest, miserable and ignorant staff I have ever encountered in retail.