Can consuming a Nordic diet improve your cardiovascular health?

Study volunteers wanted!!

I am a MMedSci Human Nutrition student currently completing my dissertation on the possible benefits of a short-term Nordic diet on cardiovascular health. I am looking for healthy volunteers, aged between 18-35 years and 55-75 years, who are sedentary (less than 60 minutes of planned or structured exercise per week) and non-smokers, to take part in this study.

The volunteers would take part in two assessment sessions (approx. 2hrs each) at the Sheffield Hallam Collegiate Campus, where they are tested for their small vein function (non-invasive) as well as fitness levels, and are also requested to add Nordic foods into their current diet for four weeks in between the two visits.

We offer the participants expert nutritional advice, some ingredients for cooking, as well as behavioral change support throughout the study. Parking is also provided on assessment days, should you need it.

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact me by email hjkononen1@sheffield.ac.uk and I will get back to you with more details.

Thank you,

Heidi Könönen

This study has been approved by Sheffield Hallam University's Ethical Review Board, reference HWB-SES-L7-1."