Beechwood private clinic Sheffield

Can anyone remember this clinic? I saw it once described as the abortion centre of Yorkshire. Don't know how true it was?

Beechwood Clinic was on the edge of Graves Park as I remember it.

It was the place to go to get a 'snip' back in the 70s. I would imagine that wasn't the only thing they did.

I have to admit I had my snip there and they were very good!

I was a Black cab driver in the 70s, and we knew as the customer approached us on Fitzalan Square where we were going. It was always a young girl and her mother, the young girl always carried a small vanity case. When they were both in the cab, the mother used to lean forward and whisper, "Beechwood", and that was all that was ever said on the whole journey.

In the 1960's / 70's I remember a directional sign on Meadowhead (near the entrance to Graves Park) for Jessops Hospital. I was totally confused when I found out later where Jessops actually was. Probably this sign was for 'Beechwood'. Can't think what that road is called that runs alongside Graves from Meadowhead.

In the 1960's / 70's I remember a directional sign on Meadowhead (near the entrance to Graves Park) for Jessops Hospital. I was totally confused when I found out later where Jessops actually was. Probably this sign was for 'Beechwood'. Can't think what that road is called that runs alongside Graves from Meadowhead.

Charles Ashmore Rd.

I too had my snip there in the 1970's. Quick & a good experience.

I bought a Car from the Clinic in the 80's.

I bought a Car from the Clinic in the 80's.

I'll bet it was a snip at the price!

echo.

Did anyone have plastic surgery there that they are admitting to!!!!!

Can anyone remember this clinic? I saw it once described as the abortion centre of Yorkshire. Don't know how true it was?

I live quite near it and it was known as the abortion clinic in the area.

It was the Jessop Hospital annexe some years ago, also abortion clinic and where private plastic surgery was undertaken. It was originally Norton Hall and one of its' owners was someone by the name of Shore, banking family and minor gentry in Norton, apparently related to Florence Nightingale. She is said to have spent time at Norton Hall.