Horse and carriage for prom

When my daughter had her 'prom' it was a trip to the hairdressers and a nice dress. She had a taxi there and back and she thought she had been given the world and was so grown up.

Now they have to have spray tans, nails, hair, eyebrows and waxing - the whole shebang - at this is at just 16 !

The world's gone mad !

What will they expect at 18 and then when they graduate from Uni or get married ?

I agree - the next one has to be bigger and better than the one before - oneupmanship at it's most ridiculous.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nessa+wedding+pictures+gavin+and+stacey&biw=1440&bih=785&tbm=isch&imgil=AN1tZbiuGNrMzM%253A%253BjD6s49ubwzg5fM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fpauseliveaction.wordpress.com%25252F2010%25252F01%25252F05%25252Fgavin-stacey-do-you-nessa-do-you-love-him%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=AN1tZbiuGNrMzM%253A%252CjD6s49ubwzg5fM%252C_&usg=__xmRcEEHCIm8OJByzAIldwkt-oKg%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjd3LKVzLvMAhWrCcAKHUVVCpQQyjcILg&ei=SGMnV92YDauTgAbFqqmgCQ#imgrc=zFJ02vso5IqmKM%3A

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nessa+wedding+pictures+gavin+and+stacey&biw=1440&bih=785&tbm=isch&imgil=AN1tZbiuGNrMzM%253A%253BjD6s49ubwzg5fM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fpauseliveaction.wordpress.com%25252F2010%25252F01%25252F05%25252Fgavin-stacey-do-you-nessa-do-you-love-him%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=AN1tZbiuGNrMzM%253A%252CjD6s49ubwzg5fM%252C_&usg=__xmRcEEHCIm8OJByzAIldwkt-oKg%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjd3LKVzLvMAhWrCcAKHUVVCpQQyjcILg&ei=SGMnV92YDauTgAbFqqmgCQ#imgrc=TVzAPMEvdw86QM%3A

This is a good idea ! If it's good enough for Nessa and Stacey................:)

Edited by Daven

What a load of miserable whinging party poopers! I'm 68 years old but remember when i was a teenager and enjoyed doing what was fashionable at the time.Let them have fun while they can.

When did school discos morph into proms, anyway? I'm old and, thankfully, child-free, so Wham and Duran Duran were still in the charts the last time I was concerned with such things.

Its crept in over the last 10 to 15 years i think.

And Duran Duran were Awesome!! :D

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 16:22 ----------

What a load of miserable whinging party poopers! I'm 68 years old but remember when i was a teenager and enjoyed doing what was fashionable at the time.Let them have fun while they can.

No one is stopping them. People are just questioning where the 'tradition' came from.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't have fun..... but the whole thing has gone stupid. Seems to be a case of who can spend the most and put on the biggest ' pippy show. ' Parents should start saying no.

Had a child helicoptered into a prom a few years ago.

Even more shocked to learn that the grandparents had taken out a lab to fund it!

I got me mam to drop me off at the prom haha.. everyone else had limos but I ride in style ;)

Its modern times thing evolve my daughter and her friends are having a stretched hummer when they finish junior school in July and they are so exited about it. and a lovely memory for them to have

Christ on a bike, a horse and carriage? Really? Is this a troll thread?

Perhaps they are gypsies.

Perhaps they are gypsies.

Then they'd have their own horse?

Then they'd have their own horse?

Not necessarily, and it's unlikely that they would have a posh carriage too. Who the heck owns those? They'd have to hire that, and a horse used to pulling it, would be likely to be included :)

Does any one know of any one in sheffield who would hire a horse and carriage for our daughters prom thank you

Just make sure it's returned for 12pm.;)

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 22:55 ----------

Nobody is saying they shouldn't have fun..... but the whole thing has gone stupid. Seems to be a case of who can spend the most and put on the biggest ' pippy show. ' Parents should start saying no.

Haha! Reminds me of mum. (my bold).

Anyhow, my daughter prommed out last year, and 'yes,' it was the full monty-Boogie bus, fancy dress and 3 days at the Salon. I drew the line at a pair of 2 grand shoes, and showed her similar at Shoezone for £12, (that went down well).:D

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 22:57 ----------

Had a child helicoptered into a prom a few years ago.

Even more shocked to learn that the grandparents had taken out a lab to fund it!

So you threatened to take out Alcoblog's lab (area 51 n half), if he didn't copter her in?:confused:

of course.

no better memory than parents getting into debt for a disco.

learn to say no. its a more valuable life skill

Bold: Who says mary70 getting into debt over it? :huh:

The only way your conclusion could be even worth reading is if you know they are getting into debt over it.