Which car would you prefer  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which car would you prefer

• Fiat 500
    • Citron ds3
    • Vauxhall Adam
    • Pergeot 208
    • Vauxhall Corsa (15 plate style)

I'm looking to buy my first car, I've been driving a fiat punto for 2 years but now I'm wanting something a bit more flash.

I've narrowed it down to a few different makes and models but now I'm looking for a little advice from people who have driven or have them.

Wanting advice on comfort, consumption and also just wether you like it or not!

Cars I'm looking at;

Vauxhall Adam

Pergeot 208

Fiat 500

New 15 shape Corsa

Citron ds3

Got to be the Vauxhall Adam.

In my opinion, the Fiat 500 is a nice drive and doesn't guzzle too much. I found it also very comfortable.

The vauxhall Adam from reviews I've read doesn't seem too clever, and breaks down more than it tends to work.

Pug and citroen being french, without being steriotypical, i don't think they would be reliable.

Not read much about the corsa bur a few people I know have said they are ok on fuel, just depends how you drive it I suppose.

Guest makapaka

Get a VW polo.

Of that list I'd probably go for the Corsa, reliable, cheap to maintain and holds its value pretty well these days. The Adam is essentially a Corsa with a different body, but I sat in both over the past two years and found the Corsa the nicer place to be in. But tastes differ of course.

The Fiat500 is getting long in the tooth and is poor on Motorways (or at least was, been a while since I had a rental 500 in the Netherlands). I am very anti-Peugeot personally, I learned to drive in a 206 and hated it, bad seats, poor ergonomics and bad drive-train. They might well have improved, but I am stubborn. I'd consider the DS3 but that is getting even longer in the tooth than the 500.

Before considering the fiat 500 , just google fiat 500 euro 6 problems ! It certainly put me off . Have you considered the toyota aygo ? I know they are not the cheapest to buy but we're on our third , and have had absolutely no problems what so ever over the last 5 years . FREE road tax on the newer ones , mega miles per gallon and group one insurance .

Personally, if go for something Japanese, Korean or German - so nothing from your list, I'm afraid.

Keep a cool head, sitting in the fiat 500 a couple of years ago was nearly enough for me. It was such a beautiful place to sit. Although every user/owner review seemed to say the same things,-

1. Its beautiful, I love it, can't imagine being without it.

2. You will never get anything remotely like the mileage Fiat claims.

3. Not very reliable.

I opted for a Toyota Aygo, but it sounds like you're after something more substantial.

I loved driving the Fiat 500. It reminded me of an old mini. Although the corsa is a more solid drive if you want to do any distance.