Haybrook estate agents

Hi

I have currently just agreed to rent a property as a Tennant through Haybrook estate agents (town centre branch) and already I feels like banging my head against a brick wall!

Has anyone had any dealings with Haybrook?

They are rubbish . I put my house up with them for sale . Sent people who didn't want to buy that size property. After 6 months I swapped agent and sold it within 8 weeks . had calls from haybrooks to arrange viewings and the new owners had people knocking to view after it was sold.

They are rubbish . I put my house up with them for sale . Sent people who didn't want to buy that size property. After 6 months I swapped agent and sold it within 8 weeks . had calls from haybrooks to arrange viewings and the new owners had people knocking to view after it was sold.

True,the one at peaks are awfull.

True,the one at peaks are awfull.

Yes I was with Peaks office .

Terrible. I had my house up for sale with another agent and somehow Haybrooks got hold of my number and started ringing me saying they had buyers waiting who wanted the house. I asked where they had got my number from and they didn't know.

I ended up part exing my house against a new build and Haybrooks and another agent were commissioned to sell the house, so I had two boards up outside the house. Haybrooks did nothing. They even took the photos from the original vendor's website as they were too lazy to send out a photographer of their own which ultimately led them to have problems with the original agent. I didn't get one single viewing from Haybrooks - so no buyers waiting. The second agent sold the house within two weeks.

While it was up for sale with Haybrooks, Haybrooks rang me to say that if I swapped to them they would be able to sell the house as they had buyers waiting. They are very badly organised, overly pushy and outright liars.

AVOID THEM.

We sold with Haybrook Hillsborough and they were great, fixed price selling, loads of advertising and open houses. Our house sold pretty quick, nice and informed the entire time.

We sold with Haybrook Hillsborough and they were great, fixed price selling, loads of advertising and open houses. Our house sold pretty quick, nice and informed the entire time.

I also sold with Haybrooks Hillsborough and found them to be much more proactive than the previous agents I'd tried (and I tried several).

Echoing what a few other people have said, I found Haybrook to be horrendous.

I rented out my apartment with them for around 3 years and had none stop problems. First, the somehow convinced me to list to rent at a ridiculously high price promising that they had a waiting list. 3 months later, the price was finally lowered to something more reasonable. Not a great start with it sitting empty for so long.

Next they found a tenant. Although he did pay the rent, he paid nothing else (no electric, mobile, council tax bills) and also damaged the balcony by erecting a huge dish. The property management company and my relatives eventually sorted the issue, Haybrook did nothing about it.

When the tenant left, he told them that he's leaving a month early and won't be paying the final months rent. Haybrook simply agreed and told him that his deposit will be used to fund the last months rent. After he'd left, the place was a mess and the remainder of the deposit was nowhere near enough to pay for the clean up. It took a dozen phone calls and threats to take things further until Haybrook eventually paid for the clean up.

During his 18 months renting, not ONE inspection report was sent to me (I'd paid for the "management fee" to be given 3 a year). The agent dealing with me was always rude and did her absolute best to fob me off. 2 emails of complaint to her manager simply went unanswered.

The next tenants paid up front for a year. They left 3 months early but didn't hand the keys in. After the rental period had expired, Haybrook wouldn't let me in because the keys hadn't been handed in. I explained that I have another set of keys, but apparently I needed to apply for notice to vacate which could take months. I again explained that the tenants left months ago and that I'm not prepared to wait for the non existent tenants to reply to a letter.

Because of the above, Haybrook refused to carry out an exit report. I got the property management to do one, and he told me that ever since the tenants entered the flat it had been an absolute mess. Again, no property report appeared to have been carried out by Haybrook.

I was so relieved to finally get rid of them. I'll never, ever, ever suggest that anyone go anywhere near this company.

On the other hand, I then got Blundells to sell the flat and they were superb. If only I'd chosen them to manage the rental.

Haybrooks are the most unprofessional outfit you could deal with ... if you live in S20 use Key2Go, they are very good.

Haybrooks will target you whether you are with them are not. Pushing business cards through your door, mailing you, ringing you at strange times. I had to threaten them with legal action if they didn't stop harassing me.

They operate a weird system of pricing, eg:- 'offers between 120,000 and 130,000, how bizarre is that?

Stay well away from these cowboys who are giving the estate agency businesses an even worse name than they already have ... come on Haybrooks lets have a response????

They were quite happy to advertise my house at a specific price.

As a buyer I'm not too keen on them. They have a habit of sticking a property on Rightmove with most of the details missing and only gradually adding them in.

They're also fond of the "price range". I might do a search for houses up to £175k and find one, only to discover the price is £175-185k. Who is going to offer more than the lower end of that price range? I prefer a single price as a basis for negotiation.

Distinguish the roles of Estate Agents and Letting Agents. These are not the same; some firms are good at one but not the other!