Box set and binge viewing megathread.

2 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Haven't they always done this? They always produced the episodes in blocks of 8, had a mid-season break and then returned a few months later with the rest of the reason. For Season 11 and the 24 or so episodes they said they were doing to finish the series they've just broke it into 3 chunks.

Andrew Lincoln is going to be back for the movie they're making to finish the story post-season 11 (at least according to IMDB).

Yes they have normally done it in blocks of two.  I was hoping they would play all remaining  episodes of season 11 after Christmas but I’ll just have to be patient and wait for the remaining 8  episodes.

I have read that there is going to be some spin-offs of The Walking Dead involving various actors.  

Killing Eve, final season (or is it

I'll admit I'd fell out with Killing Eve sometime ago (Something about Jodie Comer's acting).

For my way of thinking the characters especially that of Carolyn Martens & Eve (Fiona Shaw & Sandra Ho) look board stiff.

Even with (??????) I'm not convinced this will be the last we will see of Killing Eve.

No spoilers, but the new characters introduced in series 4 feel misplaced and only there to be killed off (you'll have to watch to find out)

personally I think the thing has its run its course - let it go.

Season 4 Worth watching ?

Watch & find out.

Keep safe out there & binge responsibly 8) .

Life after life. BBC1 (4 parts)

Didn't know what to make of this.

Baby girl that would have died at birth actually survives in the alternative world had she lived :huh:.

The same type of scenarios keep happening throughout her life,

but time and time again her deaths are re jigged to alter the events leading up to them :huh:

Does that make sense Does it work 

Is it watchable 

Knowing the story line your watching, could get 'partly altered' at any time became annoying IMO.

Different is a good word

Keep safe & binge responsibly 8) .

Slow Horses  6 part tv series Apple tv (etc)

One worth watching.

The craggy Garry Oldman plays the craggy Jackson Lamb.

Think, 'Tinker Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Columbo mixed with MI5 shenanigans.

No spoilers  - nice twists throughout -

Annoying and clever. watch and enjoy :thumbsup:.

Behind her eyes (Netflix) (6 parts)

We enjoyed this in an annoying 'we shouldn't have' way - to the extent, 'we totally missed the twist of an ending coming  :huh:.

Slow in places but kooky enough to be worth sticking with.

Try it - Enjoy 8) .

Love Death and Robots, 2022. Netflix.

Better than the last offering from L,D&R.

As usual, good mix of short's, some good, some bad thankfully mostly good this time.

Some of the cinematography is excellent in the latest offerings,

Quirky,  weird, silly, bloody and just down right strange ✔️

Keep em coming 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
-

'The Rising' on Sky Max. Viewed over a couple of days.

Easy to watch. Not too demanding (but I got the killer wrong 😀 )

A young cast, many of whom definitely have a career in the industry.

QovqZ0O.jpg

Edited by wearysmith

Pistols  6 part Disney+

Well put together look at the early days of the Sex Pistols right through to just after the death of Sid Vicious.

The acting's good, the music's good, the feelgood factor is good & the naughty bits are naughty :blush: .

Well put together, watchable tong-in-cheek look to the days when Punk Rock shook the rather staid music industry.

God Save The Queen 8) .

Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen - YouTube

On 03/06/2022 at 15:11, Rockers rule said:

Pistols  6 part Disney+

Well put together look at the early days of the Sex Pistols right through to just after the death of Sid Vicious.

The acting's good, the music's good, the feelgood factor is good & the naughty bits are naughty :blush: .

Well put together, watchable tong-in-cheek look to the days when Punk Rock shook the rather staid music industry.

God Save The Queen 8) .

Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen - YouTube

I'm looking forward to watching this, I don't think the actors playing the Pistols resemble them too well but apparently that doesn't deter from it.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Slow with a morose main character, 'I'm not the man I was 10 years ago'.
Better than The Book of Boba Fett, not as good as the Mandalorian. 7/10

The Orville season 3
The Star Trek alternative seems to have more ideas and be better written than say the wincingly bad second season of Picard. 7/10

Tokyo Vice season 1

Loosely based on the real life of Jake Adelstein, the American journalist and author who has spent most of his career in Japan. The series follows him from his first days of idealisms after getting a job working for a major Japanese newspaper and the disillusionment as he comes into contact with the violence of the Yakuza gangs and the corruption of the police and journalists who turn a blind eye to it in order to keep the peace.

Archangel
BBC mini series from 2005. Daniel Craig plays a history professor in search of some of Stalin's documents. Twisty Russian set thriller that gives the original series of Condor a run for it's money. 8/10