Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Finally just watched the last series of Homeland which was fairy good and the ending surprised me but it wrapped up and concluded fairly well.

Parallels (Disney) 6 parts, 2022.

Strange things start happening to four friends in conjunction to the 'Higgs-Boson-Collider being tested.

Interdimensional time travel with plenty of twist-and-turns and and for once a proper ending 🙃.

We fully enjoyed this, well worth watching.

Stay safe and Binge responsibly  8) . 

Halo

Generic American-centric militaristic sci-fi. Big budget with nice effects but overall a bit lacklustre.

7/10

The Sinner (Netflix) 2017 - 2021.

series 2 - 1 - 3 - 4.

Ok, late to the party (again)🙃.

Watched series 2 t'other day (thinking we'd watched series one ages ago)

Upon checking, we'd only watched as far as the beach scene, episode 1 series 1, either that or we've both gone sea lion :huh:

Yep we could have turned off at any point, but, and no real spoiler, where the story's are good, the believability of a lot of the scenes don't ring true.  Way too many instances of the main character putting himself in situations no one would put them selves in, in all four series's' :roll: .

Keep save and binge responsibly 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
-

Pieces of her  8 part Netflix 2021

No spoiler, apart from its funny how its set in America (Georgia) yet all the cars are RHD :huh:.

(It was filmed in Australia).

Other than that, a cracking story with plenty of twists and, for a change, a 'final' twist  worth waiting for.

Ok there are some 'colander' moments and the main character's (Tonni Colette) daughter Andy (Bella Heathcote), for someone who works for the Police - albeit - answering phones is so 'Fick' it gives 'Fick people a bad name 🤣 🤣.

Fully recommend,

Ignore any poor reviews - worth watching 8) .

Secrets of Sulphur springs (2021-22)

Series 1 & 2 (Disney+) 19 (in total) 24 min episodes. 

Nice to know we both qualified for the recommended viewing age of 12+ 🤣.

Fully enjoyed both series but disappointed series 3 might not to be with us until 2023.

Without giving too much away, and any spoilers.

The sudden cliffhanger of an ending in Series 2 is the only real thing we can grumble about ☹️.

Dad's bought a delipidated hotel in the town he grew up in (having not told his family till they get there), what could possibly go wrong :huh:.

The mystery of a child that went missing 30 years ago, a secret underground bunker hidden in the basement, time travel and spooky going on's 'll do for a starter.

No spoilers and just a recommendation.

Fully watchable non rat-a-tat of machine gun, easy going mystery thriller with some great characters both young and old. 

Fully recommended.

Keep safe out there & binge responsibly 8) . 

Killing Eve season 4

The first few episodes of this season were a bit slow but it did pick up towards the end of the series. Over all I’ve enjoyed this programme even though it could be a bit blood thirsty at times for me. 

This is the last series they are making so I was disappointed with how it ended, for me it ended on a cliffhanger.

All episodes are on iplayer.

Inventing Anna (Netflix) 9 episodes.

(Sub titled) - 'This story is completely true - except for the parts that are totally made up'.  (?????)

Excellent insight into Anna Delvey / Anna Sorokin, the German / Russian,  Heiress / Con woman come entrepreneur.

The series is based on the 'New York' magazines investigation into Anna's embezzlements and the truth to her actual background.

Fast moving easy to watch, hard to believe the lass got away with so much for so long.

Yep it is based on a real case & yep the parts that are made up are hard to separate. 

For sheer audacity 10/10. 

The Walking Dead season 11

This is the last season they are making.  After Rick Grimes left in season 9, l didn’t enjoy watching it as much. 

However the last 8 episodes of series 11 hasn’t been to bad to watch. 

We have to wait to watch the series finale 8 episode which is going to be on at the end of year, I think.  I don’t know why they don’t just put all episodes of season 11 on in one go instead of stretching it out.
It would be nice if Rick Grimes made a return to be in the final 8 episodes. 

Edited by hauxwell

The Split.  All episodes are on iplayer.

I watched the third and final series on iplayer.  I’ve enjoyed watching this programme and I’m sorry that there isn’t going to be a series 4 about these high powered, mainly female, divorce lawyers. 

Nicola Walker is the main actress in the programme.

Why Didn't They Ask Evans?  (3 part TV series) (Brit box) (or magic box???).

No spoilers from me  - apart from there's some bloody nice cars  (& a pre war Rudge motorcycle) in it :blush: 🤣.

(While the Lagonda (below) looks well I think I'd have gone for the two tone Jag - happy days before Ford got hold of the marque :mad:)

See the source image

Side mounted spare wheel (each side) proper front wings, running boards, V12 engine & headlamps big enough to spot Zeppelins in an evening what more could a petrol head want ?

So back on subject :hihi:.

Easy watchable period drama / mystery. 

More one paced than slow moving.

The best line, bearing in mind the thing is set in Wales, "Evans? - do you know anyone called Evans?" :rolleyes:.

For me too much time is spent with the chemistry between the two main characters than bothering to drop enough clues to the actual main plot.

Worth watching - but don't get too excited unless big British Saloon cars are your thing 🤣.

The Rising  (2022  8 part TV series)

Super natural nonsense that for once works :banana:

We enjoyed this.

I'll try not to spoil it.

Brief synopsis.

Lass wakes up in a lake, goes home tries to apologies to her Mam for being out all night.

Thing is, her mum can't see her nor hear her come to that :huh:.

The lass is 'dead'  😥.

Doesn't stop her opening doors or riding her motorcycle :banana: 

Totally lost on that one, sets off on her motorcycle yet the motorcycle is still sat in the garage?

Her Dad (separated from her mother and havin trouble with alcohol) can see her and they both set off to find her killer.

Ignore the logistics of coming back from the dead, but still having to open doors, get out of wet clothes etc, etc :huh:

(makes a nice change from the usual walking through walls though ) ✔️

Watch and enjoy - we did.

I can only hope I'm near a Harley garage when I come back 🤣 🤣 🤣.

Keep safe out there :thumbsup: .

Edited by Rockers rule

On 22/04/2022 at 09:27, hauxwell said:

The Walking Dead season 11

We have to wait to watch the series finale 8 episode which is going to be on at the end of year, I think.  I don’t know why they don’t just put all episodes of season 11 on in one go instead of stretching it out.

It would be nice if Rick Grimes made a return to be in the final 8 episodes. 

Haven't they always done this? They always produced the episodes in blocks of 8, had a mid-season break and then returned a few months later with the rest of the reason. For Season 11 and the 24 or so episodes they said they were doing to finish the series they've just broke it into 3 chunks.

Andrew Lincoln is going to be back for the movie they're making to finish the story post-season 11 (at least according to IMDB).