Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Elves. (2021) (Her choice :roll:)

6 part Danish TV series on Netflix.

Usual, there's things in't woods (on an island only accessible by ferry of course) that are dangerous.

But Its alright, big electrified fence surrounding the forest they live in .

What could go wrong ????? 

Family of Christmas holiday makers (to a place no-one holiday makes to) wanting to save an injured 'cute as' baby one, that's what.

Probably not as bad as it sounds (but it is).

One to miss 8).

My Name

8 part Korean Netflix TV series.

Teenage girl witnesses the murder of her gangster father. The crime boss who was his friend takes her under his wing and, desiring revenge, she becomes his mole within the police force as she hunts for the one responsible.

Pretty decent mash-up of Infernal Affairs/The Departed and John Wick.

From 2013 but just started Banshee and its great.

Watched over 3 days.

Lots of swearing. Gritty realism in 'capes' context.  Loses some major characters. Gains a few. 

DC's getting there.

f5bz9rI.jpg 

Landscapers (4 part sky).

Telling the story of the 1998 double murder in Mansfield and subsequent burial of both bodies in the back garden.

The couple who committed the murder kept up the illusion the murdered couple were still alive for 15 years.

If your after a documentary, you'll be disappointed. 

We like 'Kooky' and this is about as Kooky as it gets.

No doubt there is more to the story than will ever come out, but the treatment given by the creators Ed Sinclair & Will Sharpe will have you questioning your own sanity :huh:.

Olivia Colman & David Thewlis star and must have had buckets of fun making it.

Be warned - It's strange / very strange, but worth watching.

Could other well known cases be given the same treatment ? 

Keep safe and binge responsibly 8) 

The Tourist.  (6 part BBC).

Binge watched on I player.

We like kooky.

Although the story doesn't start off Kooky it does eventually and for the better.

Car crash victim, amnesia, robbery, violence, shootings, love interests and strange happenings throughout.

Well worth watching.

Enjoy.

Stay Close (James Nesbitt,  8 part Netflix).

Enjoyed this.

wife's (to be) former life starts to catch up with her.

Nesbitt's detective character is on the hunt of a serial killer.

Storyline might sound familiar but there is enough intrigue to keep the viewer interested.

Cast include excellent performances from  Eddie Izzard and Sarah Parish.

Worth a watch.

Keep safe and binge responsibly 8).

A 2-day binge of the David Tennant version of 'Around The World In 80 Days'.

Locations were epic and the story followed its usual route but with considerable nods to the 'right-on!' brigade. You can almost see the production team and directors in their meetings. "Have we given enough gravitas towards situations affecting people of colour?".  "Do the female cast come across as hard-hitting and positive role models?".  It all got a bit too much at times. 

After Charlie Cox's cameo in the latest Spiderman film, I'd a hankering to watch all of Daredevil on NETFLIX.  8 episodes into the first series. Marvellous visuals, leaning on The Sopranos style violence and gritty cinematography.

So good to see again.

Stay Close- Netflix 

More twists and turns than a roller coaster.

Everyone and their dog is a suspect- which is probably why it keeps you glued to the end.

Screw.  all 4.

(6 parts)

Total nonsense,

Our version of cell block H but with solid walls :loopy:.

Poorly thought-out poorly written unbelievable prison drama.

Characters blunder from one situation to another.

Worse of all - its left open for a second series.

Who's on the night shift 

Binge watched The Tourist and I agree with Rocker it’s well worth watching.  Although I was disappointed how it ended.   

It would be nice if they made a second season for more closure.

The Chestnut Man

Danish TV crime show (via Netflix) ala The Killing in which a serial killer targets mothers and leaves little human stick figures made out of chestnuts at the scene of the crime. A pair of detectives with personal issues (they always have personal issues) investigate and clash with their superiors as the investigation leads to a prominent politician. Pretty standard stuff but enjoyable nonetheless.

The whole story about creepy looking chestnut men figures initially felt weird to me until I read that it's a Danish tradition and I realised that from the outside things like Bonfire Night must (accurately) look much more sinister than we think they are.

The Silent Sea

Korean sci-fi mystery thriller (Netflix again) set in some future period where water has become a scarce resource and everywhere is slowing being turned into a desert. A team of scientists and military types are sent to an research station on the Moon, abandoned years before after all 150 people working there suddenly died, to recover some kind of experiment.

Wasn't bowled over by this one. Didn't help that the main characters weren't particularly sympathetic. The ending will leave you going "Eh?" :confused: