Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Just started on season two of Orphan Black and will watch it till it ends.

Interesting DNA multiple clone sci-fi thriller but unfortunately for me the science is all over the place. Not giving anything away but the DNA helix shown on the biologists laptop cover is a left handed spiral when it should be right handed. Sorry but anyone writing about DNA should know that at least.

Also seems to suffer from the common mistake that clones are identical in every way when they are not, its only the genetic DNA that's the same. But despite that its well acted and also funny in parts.

Designated Survivor

Netflix

Enjoying this, mainly because of Kiefer Sunderland and my old 'lost boys' torch but also the story.

My box binge are a few programs. Hawaii Five-0 2010 version. Supergirl, The last ship fantastic series. Walking dead, The Flash. And last but not least i loved Breaking Bad and Prison Break.

Just spent the past few days watching the final season of Ripper Street on Amazon Prime. Can't say much about it as it's not on the BBC until next year so don't want to spoil it for anyone but I'll just say it was a good send-off for the show.

I watched a batch of How To Get Away With Murder episodes recently. The plot is compelling enough to keep you going, but it's essentially a show about obnoxious, arrogant, and thoroughly hideous people doing horrible things to each other.

It plunges from a bit far-fetched to shark jumping territory about halfway through season two. Bonus points, though, for Viola Davis and the bloke from the Harry Potter films (the later of whom is probably the only likeable character in the whole thing).

Just watched the first 3 episodes of the new series of Black Mirror. Seriously messed up but brilliant.

Some extreme versions of where we could be actually headed in regards to social media etc. Really thought provoking.

Edited by nikki-red

The british House of cards

I believe Westworld is available as a box set now on Sky. Do yourselves a favour and watch it, its been a fantastic show - finished it last night. Depth, excellent albeit subtle effects and some brilliant plot twists. Give it a go.

I believe Westworld is available as a box set now on Sky. Do yourselves a favour and watch it, its been a fantastic show - finished it last night. Depth, excellent albeit subtle effects and some brilliant plot twists. Give it a go.

and the sex and violence :thumbsup:

ace stuff

Talk about bingeing I just finished watching the first 3 series of When the Boat Comes In, all 45 episodes ( you tube). These were just the one's from 1976/77. I had forgotten how fantastic that series was, especially James Bolam's character. Hoping someone uploads series 4 and beyond :nod: