Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Recommended Posts

Past three days I've been immersed in the 4th series of 'Lucifer'. Love the 'Eve' character (as in Adam and...). Proper party-girl. And the music remains consistently good.

 

Through the years I've loved Buffy, Angel, iZombie, Supernatural and the like and Lucifer fits nicely into that spectrum. It's also quite funny. Seeds left three or four episodes back pay off with an eventual belly-laugh quite nicely.  

 

I read that the 6th series will be the last. Shame, but it will have probably runs its course by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Still great. There were rumours of a remake which I hope never ever happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Just finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Still great. There were rumours of a remake which I hope never ever happens.

Yeah....I read about that too. I have mixed feelings. If Joss Whedon or Marti Moxon or any of the original writers and production staff were involved, I'd deffo give it a watch(er). 

If there was no connection to the past then probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binged on a few box sets since lockdown.

 

Breaking Bad

Narcos

Making a Murderer

Narcos Mexico

Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich

The Last Dance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2020 at 15:50, Mr Fisk said:

Banshee

 

There are some flaws and I also think too much flesh- a lot of unnecessary sex scenes, that to be honest, don't need to be so focused on!

 

Anyway the story revolves around an ex con who takes on the ID of a murdered man- who was  'soon to be the next Banshee sheriff'

 

On 31/05/2020 at 17:28, tinfoilhat said:

It is the best show I've ever watched - 

 

Banshee. TV series (serious) bender 1, 2, 3, & 4.

 

Excellent story line for something that would not only have Mary Whitehouse's Cat Eye glass's steaming up but her spinning in her grave as well, Bless her.

EX con takes the place of the new Local Sheriff (whose been killed) and the rest is Sex, Guns, Sex, Neo Nazis,more Sex, computer hacking, Sex, a serial killer, Sex, Drugs, explosions, Death - O' & yes the occasional Sex scene as well.

I forgot to mention the FBI (Flipping Big Indian) (Native American). 

Just as in one of Tom Sharp's novels - no one is safe.

Enjoyable Rubbish, full of holes (probably all the machine guns) with great characters and acting throughout.  

 

Absolutely loved the twist to the Job (Hoon Lee) story line, you have to wait till the final episode in series 4 for it but well worth the wait.

 

Enjoy.

 

I'm going Hoon Lee (Job)

and Mathew Rauch (Clay Burton) for my favourite actors. 

 

Keep safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

 

 

Banshee. TV series (serious) bender 1, 2, 3, & 4.

 

Excellent story line for something that would not only have Mary Whitehouse's Cat Eye glass's steaming up but her spinning in her grave as well, Bless her.

EX con takes the place of the new Local Sheriff (whose been killed) and the rest is Sex, Guns, Sex, Neo Nazis,more Sex, computer hacking, Sex, a serial killer, Sex, Drugs, explosions, Death - O' & yes the occasional Sex scene as well.

I forgot to mention the FBI (Flipping Big Indian) (Native American). 

Just as in one of Tom Sharp's novels - no one is safe.

Enjoyable Rubbish, full of holes (probably all the machine guns) with great characters and acting throughout.  

 

Absolutely loved the twist to the Job (Hoon Lee) story line, you have to wait till the final episode in series 4 for it but well worth the wait.

 

Enjoy.

 

I'm going Hoon Lee (Job)

and Mathew Rauch (Clay Burton) for my favourite actors. 

 

Keep safe.

Geno Segers to read me bedtime stories please.  Preferably not when he's pretending to be quite as homicidal and hard to stop as he was when he was being your FBI :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been ploughing through Room 104. Different little episodes all set in the same hotel room. Some over the top, some really over the top, some funny, one or two quite dark. Didn't get a great rating on IMDB but I've quite enjoyed it so far. Way better than the twilight zone reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

 

 

Banshee. TV series (serious) bender 1, 2, 3, & 4.

 

Excellent story line for something that would not only have Mary Whitehouse's Cat Eye glass's steaming up but her spinning in her grave as well, Bless her.

EX con takes the place of the new Local Sheriff (whose been killed) and the rest is Sex, Guns, Sex, Neo Nazis,more Sex, computer hacking, Sex, a serial killer, Sex, Drugs, explosions, Death - O' & yes the occasional Sex scene as well.

I forgot to mention the FBI (Flipping Big Indian) (Native American). 

Just as in one of Tom Sharp's novels - no one is safe.

Enjoyable Rubbish, full of holes (probably all the machine guns) with great characters and acting throughout.  

 

Absolutely loved the twist to the Job (Hoon Lee) story line, you have to wait till the final episode in series 4 for it but well worth the wait.

 

Enjoy.

 

I'm going Hoon Lee (Job)

and Mathew Rauch (Clay Burton) for my favourite actors. 

 

Keep safe.

You can catch Anthony Starr in The Boys, if you haven't yet watched.

 

Season 2 just came out (3 episodes only yet).

 

It's a total change for Starr as in this series,  he plays Homelander, leader of a group of 'superheros'.

Catch Season 1 on Amazon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

You can catch Anthony Starr in The Boys, if you haven't yet watched.

 

Season 2 just came out (3 episodes only yet).

 

It's a total change for Starr as in this series,  he plays Homelander, leader of a group of 'superheros'.

Catch Season 1 on Amazon.

 

 

Thank you Mr Fisk, but I don't do Super Hero stuff at all (or very rarely)

I have checked out one of the trailers and while the special effects look pretty good the modern day super hero thing ain't for me.

1960's Batman is my limit -KAPOW.

 

Back to Banshee. just the one spoiler (look away if you haven't watched).

In the episode where the Indians (Native Americans) attack the Police station, our heroes are fast running out of bullets and serviceable weapons while being bombarded by some serious ordinance.

Despite a gallant stand off  three of the attackers manage to get in but are quickly dispensed of while the others attacking are repelled.

All good stuff but why don't any of our heroes pick up the three machine guns the now dead attackers brought in with them?

That would be too easy of course - the best thing to do is run down to the basement with the very last of the your nearly empty weapons.

 

Excellent series just full of holes just like the police station.  

 

Enjoy.

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching up on something I missed when it was shown a few months ago, 'Staged' with Michael Sheen & David Tennent pretending to been Zoom calling each other about a play they were supposed to be rehearsing before lockdown started. Really loving it, especially Michael Sheen's slightly mad and angry version of himself.

 

Fingers crossed now we're heading into Lockdown 2: Electric Boogaloo that they'll record another series of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teen Titans Go! seasons 1 to 4.  Not watched all of Season 5, or any of Season 6.

 

Harley Quinn, seasons 1 and 2.

 

Rick & Morty, seasons 1 to 4.

 

Death Note, episodes 1 to 10 . . . only twenty-something more to go, but honestly I'm starting to lose interest  . . . 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Teen Titans Go! seasons 1 to 4.  Not watched all of Season 5, or any of Season 6.

 

Harley Quinn, seasons 1 and 2.

 

Rick & Morty, seasons 1 to 4.

 

Death Note, episodes 1 to 10 . . . only twenty-something more to go, but honestly I'm starting to lose interest  . . . 😵

Series 6 on teen titans go! is funny but mainly because they have practically given up writing for kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.