Box set and binge viewing megathread.

'Dispatches from elsewhere.'

Well if you like Kooky - Strange - offbeat - sometimes baffling and the down right Quirky, boy is this the series for you.

Me & HTSBO both enjoyed this10 parter, the ending could have been a little better (simpler) but at least you get a insight into the directors reasons for wanting to make the series.

Don't be tempted to read about 'Dispatches from elsewhere' before or during watching it if possible.

Follow each character as they make their way through various adventures and enjoy -

because none of this could possibly be true - could it ????? 

Intrigued - you will be.

Banshee

Not sure if others have seen this, as I only downloaded due to being extremely bored- so just got through season one.

It's not new, so there are a numbers of seasons available, think up to 4.

First season is good though I read the others go up a notch, so will consider.

There are some flaws and I also think too much flesh- a lot of unnecessary sex scenes, that to be honest, don't need to be so focused on!

Anyway the story revolves around an ex con who takes on the ID of a murdered man- who was  'soon to be the next Banshee sheriff'

On 29/05/2020 at 15:50, Mr Fisk said:

Banshee

Not sure if others have seen this, as I only downloaded due to being extremely bored- so just got through season one.

It's not new, so there are a numbers of seasons available, think up to 4.

First season is good though I read the others go up a notch, so will consider.

There are some flaws and I also think too much flesh- a lot of unnecessary sex scenes, that to be honest, don't need to be so focused on!

Anyway the story revolves around an ex con who takes on the ID of a murdered man- who was  'soon to be the next Banshee sheriff'

It is the best show I've ever watched - and I wasn't that keen on the first few episodes. 2 and 3 are the best, 4 wanders a bit but a satisfying ending. 

I’ve just finished We Hunt Together.

Really liked it, it’s quite dark, well acted and the characters worked well together.

Didnt like how it ended but that’s just me.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It is the best show I've ever watched - and I wasn't that keen on the first few episodes. 2 and 3 are the best, 4 wanders a bit but a satisfying ending. 

Cheers tinfoilhat.

Agree, season 2 and (so far) 3 are better than the first. 

I'm going to look to wrap it all up this week so season 4 is in the pipeline.

By the way, Anthony Starr is the fella playing HomeLander in The Boys.

That is one worth watching- only one season for now.

2 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Cheers tinfoilhat.

Agree, season 2 and (so far) 3 are better than the first. 

I'm going to look to wrap it all up this week so season 4 is in the pipeline.

By the way, Anthony Starr is the fella playing HomeLander in The Boys.

That is one worth watching- only one season for now.

Yeah, I liked that one. 

In other news, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is on C4 from the beginning. If you haven't watched it, watch it.

I'm not a big watcher of these series but Mindhunter is very good.

I've just watched afterlife series 1 and 2 I must be the last person to do so.  absolutely brilliant. 

On 31/05/2020 at 17:38, nikki-red said:

I’ve just finished We Hunt Together.

Really liked it, it’s quite dark, well acted and the characters worked well together.

Didnt like how it ended but that’s just me.

I'm half way through it. Started quite liking Frankie but not after episode 3.

34 minutes ago, taxman said:

I'm half way through it. Started quite liking Frankie but not after episode 3.

Freddy? She is a bit annoying but I think she’s supposed to be. Specially when they were at the fairground.

43 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Freddy? She is a bit annoying but I think she’s supposed to be. Specially when they were at the fairground.

Yep, Freddy. I was a bit sympathetic to her in the opening episodes but then by ep3 she just came across as manipulative and sociopathic.

Finished series 3 of Westworld. A much more linear plotline and all the better for it. Thandie Newton and Evan Rachel Wood both superb. 

Killing Eve. Also finished that. Jody Comer is the stand out again but the rest of the cast were also great, particularly Fiona Shaw. Huge thumbs up to the costume department, kick in the shins for the sound editor - although a bit of an improvement on the last series.