Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Dug out my 'Ashes To Ashes' box-set. It doesn't get as many rave-reviews as 'Life On Mars' but I can't watch one without the other. The opening episodes are especially funny when Keeley Hawes is adjusting to life in the 80s. The cheery "Morning imaginary-constructs" is a classic line I've often used at work. Unfortunately my colleagues aren't imaginary.

5 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Dug out my 'Ashes To Ashes' box-set. It doesn't get as many rave-reviews as 'Life On Mars' but I can't watch one without the other. The opening episodes are especially funny when Keeley Hawes is adjusting to life in the 80s. The cheery "Morning imaginary-constructs" is a classic line I've often used at work. Unfortunately my colleagues aren't imaginary.

Both very good.

I've just watched Breaking Bad...again! 

Quite a few people have mentioned The Expanse, I think they are all on Prime so I might give that a go next. I've been watching Star Trek Picard too, not for the die hard Star Trek fans but the story is unfolding slowly.

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez.

Truly awful, heartbreaking.
I purposely went on my laptop during parts of it because I couldnt bear to hear too much detail.
Theres talk of a second season. I really hope not. His story is told now, they shouldnt drag it on further just because the series was popular.

10 hours ago, nikki-red said:

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez.

Truly awful, heartbreaking.
I purposely went on my laptop during parts of it because I couldnt bear to hear too much detail.
Theres talk of a second season. I really hope not. His story is told now, they shouldnt drag it on further just because the series was popular.

I only had to look this up, read a bit and concluded I wouldn't be able to handle watching the documentary.

Extremely sad and as a father, I just cannot fathom how people can do such evil to their own children.

Archer. Parody spy cartoon, lots of school boy humour. 8.5/10.

The Sinner

This is available on Netflix and has had its 3rd season completed last month.

I watched season 1 and 2 and will hopefully catch up with the latest season.

It stars the brilliant Bill Pullman- who plays a detective that wants to investigate not the 'who done it' ( as that isn't the mystery in these series) but WHY DONE IT.

Season 1 has the gorgeous Jessica Biel and is better than the second season.

But both are engrossing and draw you in.

Downloaded Fortitude season 2...but found it incredibly slow so deleted it after watching 1.5 episodes.

The reviews online are positive but may be the type of drama just didnt register strongly with me.

I didn't watch Season 1 but just followed up on it before attempting to watch 2and series.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Downloaded Fortitude season 2...but found it incredibly slow so deleted it after watching 1.5 episodes.

The reviews online are positive but may be the type of drama just didnt register strongly with me.

I didn't watch Season 1 but just followed up on it before attempting to watch 2and series.

Ah, season 1 set the scene brilliantly and, in my opinion, used the landscape better and was far far superior.

38 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ah, season 1 set the scene brilliantly and, in my opinion, used the landscape better and was far far superior.

Interesting..I may give it a 2nd go on that basis- season 1.

Cheers

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

True Blood. Stands up very well so far.

It won't last.