Box set and binge viewing megathread.

5 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I enjoyed all 3 seasons.

I watched 'Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer'

Its a really fascinating, gripping documentary, well worth a watch.
It is quite difficult viewing at times, but as its a true story thats unavoidable. 

Thanks nikki-red

Perhaps I will give it a run and view the 2nd season- if it grips me in or out.

5 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Season 1 ( The Tunnel) was very good and had me glued, think that's the quickest I've watched a whole series. 

Is season two any good- as could not find any reviews.

I understand the last season (3) is very good- so was going to jump straight to that.

Nooooo, do season 2 as well. 

The Expanse - Season 4

Cibola Burn, the 4th novel in the Expanse series of novels, is probably my least favourite of those that I've read so I was wondering how it'd translate on screen. The answer is - much better than I'd expected.

Now safely ensconced on Amazon Prime and apparently doing very well ratings-wise, Season 4 covers the whole of Cibola Burn and some storylines from the following book Nemesis Games and this is probably why it works better than just covering Cibola Burn alone.

The Man In The High Castle - Season 4

The weird thing about this series is that the storylines of the good guys are pretty dull but the storylines of the bad guys, Reichsmarshall Smith and family or the ruthless Japanese internal security head Chief Inspector Kido, are much more interesting and complex.

The Witcher - Season 1

Halfway through this and I must say I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would from the dull trailers.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Nooooo, do season 2 as well. 

I am  now, about 5 episodes in.

Quite disturbing as some terrorist acts shown hit home.

One was the shooting at the Tolerance gathering- made me think of Anders Breivik. The hatred that some people have is scary.

1 hour ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Expanse - Season 4

Cibola Burn, the 4th novel in the Expanse series of novels, is probably my least favourite of those that I've read so I was wondering how it'd translate on screen. The answer is - much better than I'd expected.

Now safely ensconced on Amazon Prime and apparently doing very well ratings-wise, Season 4 covers the whole of Cibola Burn and some storylines from the following book Nemesis Games and this is probably why it works better than just covering Cibola Burn alone.

Oooo I forgot this was coming back. Post Xmas viewing sorted then as I very much enjoyed the other series.

Bates Motel. Brilliant.  :thumbsup:

Traces

The first original drama to be commissioned by the British television channel Alibi.

Its great, well written and well acted, especially the main character played by Molly Windsor. 
Quite often it feels like TV series are dragged out too long but I wished this was longer than the 6 episodes.

The witcher. Pretty good fantasy thing with quite a clever parallel plotline going on. Strong cast - particularly Anya Chalotra - and some very nice locations. Henry Cavil quite good but a bit too mumbly, but he wasn't the only one. The bard was a hoot. 8/10

The October faction. Smashed through this in a weekend (one of those weekends). A bit men in black meets Sabrina, sort of. Not bad at all.

On 17/01/2020 at 14:32, tinfoilhat said:

The witcher. Pretty good fantasy thing with quite a clever parallel plotline going on. Strong cast - particularly Anya Chalotra - and some very nice locations. Henry Cavil quite good but a bit too mumbly, but he wasn't the only one. The bard was a hoot. 8/10

Just finished watching it and it was ok to pass some afternoons on. 8/10

Just finished watching 23 seasons of South Park on Amazon Prime.

Also watched Treadstone season 1 on Amazon Prime which wasn't bad.

The expanse (series 4). This is a really good show. Great story, pretty good effects, well paced. Only downside was it was only 10 episodes - it had legs for much more! 9/10