Box set and binge viewing megathread.

True Detective, season 3          9/10

Mesmerizing performances especially from Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff.

I never saw the first 2 seasons but this one is critically acclaimed (as is season 1).

The crime drama spans across 3 decades which is what I really liked about this- seeing the detectives age and the toll it takes on their respective career paths and relationship.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

I never saw the first 2 seasons but this one is critically acclaimed (as is season 1).

The crime drama spans across 3 decades which is what I really liked about this- seeing the detectives age and the toll it takes on their respective career paths and relationship.

You've not watched Season 1? Go and watch it, it's excellent.

9 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

It was a cracker. I loved the graphic match scene in the car when the camera panned round them and their ages changed, brilliant work.

But watch the first series, believe it or not it's even better!

1 hour ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

You've not watched Season 1? Go and watch it, it's excellent.

Thanks FG

I have just begun to download- will look to binge on it over the weekend.

50 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It was a cracker. I loved the graphic match scene in the car when the camera panned round them and their ages changed, brilliant work.

But watch the first series, believe it or not it's even better!

I'm on the case with Season 1..

The next month...or two

The Walking Dead - Series 1 - 10

Star Trek Discovery - Series 1&2

Sons of Anarchy 

Sleeper Cell

That should see me through to next year.

Happy! I like shows where the leads really go for it and Christopher melloni has the handbrake well and truly off. Drunk ex cop ends up with his childs imaginary friend, which is bonkers enough, then there's a kidnapping. Season two goes right off the reservation but I enjoyed it equally. No season 3 and that's a shame. 8/10

So just to update...

True Detective Season 1

7.5/10

I still enjoyed season 3 more, maybe felt more comfortable with the two characters from that season.

Also had a hard time understanding Matthew McConaughey!

Mindhunter Season 2

This wasn't on my radar, but reviews were good and I have a big interest in real life serial killers. So enjoyed seeing interviews conducted with murderers like Ed Kemper and Manson. 

The investigation of the Atlanta child murders was really compelling.

8/10 

Edited by Guest

The Handmaids Tale, seasons 1 & 2.

Only watched the first episode so far. Very bleak, dystopian future. Very creepy. Very Big Brother. 

Just downloaded The Tunnel,  season one.

It's a crime series that involves investigating teams from France and the UK-  two episodes in and looking good.

18 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Just downloaded The Tunnel,  season one.

It's a crime series that involves investigating teams from France and the UK-  two episodes in and looking good.

It's excellent, I enjoyed all if it, really solid ending to series 3 that makes a change.

Forgot to mention the latest American Horror Story: 1984. I know they were aiming for trashy but we've gone from Oscar winning scenery eaters to lightweights and a story (well, not story so much as the whole 80s setup) that's just cashing in on stranger things.

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's excellent, I enjoyed all if it, really solid ending to series 3 that makes a change.

Forgot to mention the latest American Horror Story: 1984. I know they were aiming for trashy but we've gone from Oscar winning scenery eaters to lightweights and a story (well, not story so much as the whole 80s setup) that's just cashing in on stranger things.

Season 1 ( The Tunnel) was very good and had me glued, think that's the quickest I've watched a whole series. 

Is season two any good- as could not find any reviews.

I understand the last season (3) is very good- so was going to jump straight to that.

2 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Season 1 ( The Tunnel) was very good and had me glued, think that's the quickest I've watched a whole series. 

Is season two any good- as could not find any reviews.

I understand the last season (3) is very good- so was going to jump straight to that.

I enjoyed all 3 seasons.

I watched 'Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer'

Its a really fascinating, gripping documentary, well worth a watch.
It is quite difficult viewing at times, but as its a true story thats unavoidable.