Box set and binge viewing megathread.

2 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Absolutely fantastic series.

Ive just watched Deep Water. Its a really good, well written (and acted) interesting drama.

Will look out for that.

Killing Eve series 2. Jodie Comer is fantastic again but I felt the whole thing is starting to  feel bit, for want of a better word, smug?

Der Passe - very good so far just watched episodes 1-3 back to back.

19 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Killing Eve series 2. Jodie Comer is fantastic again but I felt the whole thing is starting to  feel bit, for want of a better word, smug?

I know exactly what you mean. I enjoyed it tho, and after the ending cant wait for series 3!

After finishing with The Night Of (10/10) I have downloaded Escape at Dannemora - based on true events where two convicts escape with the help of a female prison worker.

It stars Benicio del Toro, who I always like watching.

Chernobyl (mini series)

Riveting stuff- an account of what happened in April 1986 at the nuclear power plant.

Only 5 episodes so well worth the watch, each one just grabs your attention.

One of the best series I have ever seen.

Edited by Guest

NOS4A2

I nearly missed this one. A happy tale of children going to Christmas Land!!

Horror theme and the main lead is played by Zachary Quinto

Not the best series I've ever watched but if you like horror, it's worth a look.

Legion. Imaginative, interesting casting choice and utterly bonkers. Think twin peaks meets the X Men. A visual treat, but plot wise I’d struggle to tell you what was going on, ven though I “got it”. But watch it anyway, from the start. 8.5/10

Peaky Blinders.. so far 6/10

Just finished the first season and cant see what the hype is all about. First thing that struck me was that they all seem to go to the barbers on the same day! 

Will try an persevere to watch S2 later.

57 minutes ago, apelike said:

Peaky Blinders.. so far 6/10

Just finished the first season and cant see what the hype is all about. First thing that struck me was that they all seem to go to the barbers on the same day! 

Will try an persevere to watch S2 later.

I’m going through that myself, hope to finish series 2 this evening.

Id rate it higher than a 6/10 - initially an 8/10 with a fair chunk of that going towards the set design and locations used, that really impressed me. Series 2 isn’t as good imho - so if you’re hoping for an upswing you’ll be disappointed. New characters and locations but not a massive change otherwise. Good but not as good as the first couple of series of broadwalk empire (which for some reason I never finished). 

Over both series id give it a 7.5/10

Loved Peaky Blinders, especially the first 2 seasons . That Northern Irish cop played brilliantly by Sam Neil, was worse than the Shelbys' lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

Excellent ending to series 2, and I've realised I've already got half the soundtrack on my Spotify playlist - ages before I started to watch it.

As good as the soundtrack is, part of me would have preferred a period one.