Box set and binge viewing megathread.

given the fact it had del Toro behind it TS was a bit of let down in some ways.

Del Toro's only involvement in the The Strain (beyond developing the story for the books) was that he was Executive Producer for it. Executive Producers don't get involved in filming, they're involved in raising the budget or in legal issues. I think he only had on-set involvement in the very first episode of the first season.

I started watching Bates Motel 11 days ago and I just started season 4 last night.

I absolutely love it. The characters and the chemistry between them is fantastic, I don’t think they could’ve chosen anyone better than Freddie Highmore to play the young Norman.

Edited by nikki-red

Del Toro's only involvement in the The Strain (beyond developing the story for the books) was that he was Executive Producer for it. Executive Producers don't get involved in filming, they're involved in raising the budget or in legal issues. I think he only had on-set involvement in the very first episode of the first season.

He directed a couple of episodes too. Given his creative flair it was a missed trick not to tap into it - budgets I suppose.

I recently watched episode 1 of Ridley Scotts The Terror on youtube, fancy watching the rest now.

Just finished watching The Looming Tower, a 10 episode Jeff Daniels series on Amazon Prime about the investigations into Al Qaeda by both the CIA and the FBI and how the CIA deliberately kept intelligence secret that might have helped the FBI stop 9/11 before it happened. It's also the true story of the head of the FBI investigation who basically burned all his bridges with his superiors as he angrily tried to get the CIA to stop blocking him, got forced out of his job and ended up working as the Head of Security at the Twin Towers...

Been told to watch money heist or later casa de papel,after 2 episodes it looks like its worth carrying on.

Here and now. A look into some of the smuggest most middle class families in Portland. There's a bit of a look at mental illness too. But it doesn't really go anywhere, it youre no wiser about the main plot at the end of the series than you were at that start. You see the smugness of the characters is carried on through to the writers, who absolutely knew they'd get a second series where all would be revealed to those plucky viewers who sat through it.

Only there isn't a second series - I found out not 10 minutes after watching the last episode whilst I was thinking "ok, so where's it going now?". That's 10 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

I am currently watching:

This is Us on Amazon Prime

Rita - Netflix Danish comedy series about a good teacher, a wreck at home. Just started series

Still Game - Just finished series 8 on BBC - you can get previous series on Netflix

Love - series 3 on Netflix

Bosch - just finished series 3 -

Never get owt done!

Ive watched 5 episodes of The Terror now, may aswell watch the other 5 now even tho it is heavy going, because of its subject matter its loads of blokes stuck in the ice on 2 boats and so is all talky lol

I watched The Bridge a few years back on Netflix and loved it. Much to my surprise, I found that there are more series being shown on iplayer, so I shall be catching up with that.

Also - series 2 of Belgium Detective thriller, Salamander. Taped and ready to binge. If you haven't seen the first one, watch it.... one word... brilliant!

I am currently watching:

This is Us on Amazon Prime

Rita - Netflix Danish comedy series about a good teacher, a wreck at home. Just started series

Still Game - Just finished series 8 on BBC - you can get previous series on Netflix

Love - series 3 on Netflix

Bosch - just finished series 3 -

Never get owt done!

How did Bosch finish up? I'm halfway through series 3 and it's got one of those plot lines that winds me up to the point the whole show gets put on tv-schedule back burner.

Hi tinfoihat - I know what you mean, series 3 isn't as good as the previous 2, but stick with it if you've nowt else. Erm, I could tell you, but would spoil for someone else. The underlying theme is still about the murder of his mum that carry's into series 4 and something happens to J Edgar.

---------- Post added 05-05-2018 at 01:07 ----------

The Gilmore Girls - Netflix and The Marvellous Mrs Masel on Amazon Prime both written by husband and wife team Sherman Paladino

Trapped- Icelandic crime thriller - brilliant

The Returned - French version

Happy Valley -series 1 and 2

Last Tango in Halifax - Netflix

---------- Post added 07-05-2018 at 23:26 ----------

Just started watching The Bridge series 2 on iplayer.

---------- Post added 08-05-2018 at 22:14 ----------

Queen of the South - no not the Scottish footie team. South American drug/mafia type series on Netflix.