Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Just finished season 8 of The Walking Dead. At the risk of being shouted at, I do think it's gone off the boil a bit. Still a good season, left it open for season 9.

It's been off the boil for at least two seasons. I watched the last episode of series 8, I won't be tuning in to series 9.

Just finished season 8 of The Walking Dead. At the risk of being shouted at, I do think it's gone off the boil a bit. Still a good season, left it open for season 9.

It's been off the boil for at least two seasons. I watched the last episode of series 8, I won't be tuning in to series 9.

not many shows get to 9 seasons thats why, some people (like me) still love it, some people get a bit fed up of it, what i hate is those on say social media that shout and shout and shout about why this is wrong, thats wrong, thats crap......if its not for them anymore why dont they just stop watching, instead of watching it and crying about it lol

Edited by melthebell

We still love it in our house, the season finale was a bit strange tho.

Im on episode 8 of Bates Motel. My brothers been on at me to watch it for ages, I finally gave in and Im glad I did. Really like it so far.

We still love it in our house, the season finale was a bit strange tho.

well i knew what was coming really, ive read the comics so know Negan survives, obviously the shows now different with carl dead, but the ending was the same, yet they managed to use Carls goodbye letters to get the same result as in the comics, ie:- its a war but Carl wants peace so rick tries to get peace.

I'd also been naughty and read a leak of the finale about 6 weeks ago lol so knew about the Eugene thing, again i think it fitted perfectly to get Eugene back to the main group.

I hardly watched series 8 - and frankly by the final episode I didn't feel it had moved on much.

But Westworld starts next week!!!!

well i knew what was coming really, ive read the comics so know Negan survives, obviously the shows now different with carl dead, but the ending was the same, yet they managed to use Carls goodbye letters to get the same result as in the comics, ie:- its a war but Carl wants peace so rick tries to get peace.

I'd also been naughty and read a leak of the finale about 6 weeks ago lol so knew about the Eugene thing, again i think it fitted perfectly to get Eugene back to the main group.

Yeah we expected most of it as my Sons read them, but there was just a lot of inconsistencies, stuff that didnt really make sense. Enjoyed it tho, looking forward to the next season.

'Lost in Space', the Netflix original remake. Very atmospheric, and scary in places.

Dr. Smith is now female, and very sinister and dangerous...

Currently binging on series 3 of The Bridge, in preparation for Series 4. Ridiculously good.

Episode 2 of Fear the walking dead series 4 tonight :) and Westworlds just restarting w00pdy w00p

'Stranger Things' season 2, episode 1, Netflix.

An excellent start to the second season. Even more of an '80s nostalgia romp than the first season. Characters that seem very real and if I didn't know better I would swear that this was made in the '80s!

The Alienist.

I wasn't sure about this after watching the first episode due to most of the characters coming across as emotionally cold but I'm glad I stuck with it because it turned out to be a good series

not many shows get to 9 seasons thats why, some people (like me) still love it, some people get a bit fed up of it, what i hate is those on say social media that shout and shout and shout about why this is wrong, thats wrong, thats crap......if its not for them anymore why dont they just stop watching, instead of watching it and crying about it lol

Alot of shows last 9 seasons - NCIS, bones, eastenders. I've just finished the strain, there are a few similarities. Dead folk walking about, based on novels that sort of thing. In many respects TWD beats TS hands down, acting (particularly the ones who play Carl and zack) are poles apart. In the last TWD episode I watched I was again struck by how well it was shot - the light captured at the end was lovely - you don't see that in many other shows - given the fact it had del Toro behind it TS was a bit of let down in some ways.

But where the strain does win was story progression. It rattled along nicely and TWD hasn't gone anywhere - like a post-apocolyptic Corrie.