Box set and binge viewing megathread.

This: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13315324/

An absolute delight from start to finish.

8 short snappy episodes. Very dream-like. Darkly funny. Kristen Bell! She does 'nutjob' so well. What's not to love? She pours red wine like I'd like to be able to afford to do 😀 .

SesJHFD.gif

(No spoilers, but look out for the inscription on her daughter's grave. It's different every time she visits. Ooooo - spooky....)

On 05/02/2022 at 09:41, Hecate said:

Watched the first two episodes of Reacher, and will likely watch the rest over the weekend.  Great fun.  Does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it well.  Remarkably faithful to the book, too, so far.  And blimey, that's one big bloke.

Finished this with a bottle of wine and a bag of malteasers, as it should be.  Thoroughly enjoyed it in all its silliness.  The bloke who plays Reacher, Alan Ritchson, looks like the much missed Patrick Swayze's younger, chunkier brother and kicks bad guy ass just like Patrick did in the 80s.

Spoiler for a small subplot completely unrelated to the main story, and one that isn't in the book.  Clicking here might spoil the subplot, but if you're like me you will likely have a growing sense of dread following certain scenes and clicking here will resolve that.  But it is a spoiler. 

Spoiler

The dog gets a happy ending!  I had to google that before I could go any further.  And Reacher punches the **** of an owner.  Though not hard enough.

On 05/02/2022 at 09:41, Hecate said:

Watched the first two episodes of Reacher, and will likely watch the rest over the weekend.  Great fun.  Does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it well.  Remarkably faithful to the book, too, so far.  And blimey, that's one big bloke.

I’ll give this a look.

I’m not a fan of novels, but there are those with a more active imagination than me, and say the books are a good read.

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I’ll give this a look.

I’m not a fan of novels, but there are those with a more active imagination than me, and say the books are a good read.

It could only be improved by having Jason Statham in a minor role.  It's just that good.

5 hours ago, Hecate said:

Finished this with a bottle of wine and a bag of malteasers, as it should be.  Thoroughly enjoyed it in all its silliness.  The bloke who plays Reacher, Alan Ritchson, looks like the much missed Patrick Swayze's younger, chunkier brother and kicks bad guy ass just like Patrick did in the 80s.

I’ve just finished episode 3 and so far it’s living up to my expectations.

”Hello, Spivey”

I definitely see a resemblance of the main character to Patrick Swayze and Chris Pratt too. And at least this Reacher (all 6 foot 5 inches) matches the one in the novels ( sorry, Mr Cruise).

Anyway, still 5 more episodes to go . . .

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

... and Chris Pratt too. ...

Now you've gone and spoiled it. 

9 hours ago, Hecate said:

Spoiler for a small subplot completely unrelated to the main story, and one that isn't in the book.  Clicking here might spoil the subplot, but if you're like me you will likely have a growing sense of dread following certain scenes and clicking here will resolve that.  But it is a spoiler. 

Reveal spoiler

The dog gets a happy ending!  I had to google that before I could go any further.  And Reacher punches the **** of an owner.  Though not hard enough.

is it on netflix

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

is it on netflix

Amazon Prime.

58 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Now you've gone and spoiled it. 

Come on, he even sounds just like Chris Pratt too.

And no, adding Jason Statham would not improve the show, unless you needed a cheesy cockney accent (like Fast & Furious, oh dear).

Anyway, I’ve just finished episode 6 and so far, I’m not disappointed.

”Going on up to the spirit in the sky . . .”

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Come on, he even sounds just like Chris Pratt too.

No.  Just... no. 

And no, adding Jason Statham would not improve the show, unless you needed a cheesy cockney accent (like Fast & Furious, oh dear).

Haven't seen that one.  I was thinking more the Transporter films and Crank.  I'd chuck Bezos a few more quid to have Reacher and Statham in the same show.  I'm not wrong.  Watch this:

Anyway, I’ve just finished episode 6 and so far, I’m not disappointed.

”Going on up to the spirit in the sky . . .”

And the unofficial Supernatural theme song in that episode too.

The Fear Index. (2022)

(4 part Sky TV)

Psychological high finance thriller.

Based on Robert Harris's 2011 novel of the same name.

I hate trailers, so this was one of those " go on bang it on - give it a try".

Ignore any poor reviews, we fully enjoyed the intrigue.

No spoilers.

Fully recommended 8)

Reacher (8 parts 2022)

Fully recommended.

Well filmed, lots of action and its even got a story in there as well 8) .