Box set and binge viewing megathread.

I'm just glad the Americans didn't pick up the franchise - they'd have ruined it.

So.... farewell Lucifer Morningstar. Like all wonderful things - parents, sun-soaked holidays, proper-sized Mars Bars from the 60s - it's reached the end. Must admit, I tear'd up in some of the final scenes.

I will miss it.

Sympathy for the Devil? Most certainly.

LU3lKVl.jpg

14 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

I'm just glad the Americans didn't pick up the franchise - they'd have ruined it.

That’s funny but I agree.  

I’m still watching The Walking Dead and that’s out of loyalty.  It was very good when it first started but it should have finished years ago.  This is the last series so I’m curious to see how it ends.  

The Chestnut Man.

6 parts showing on Netflix.

Usually when I see missing Daughter, two detectives thrown together to solve a serial killers murders, I'm of T' Garage.

Glad I didn't.

Being expertly mislead from one possible suspect to another and not be told who the killer is from the start was refreshing, 

Well worth watching.

(Not for the squeamish)

Fully recommended.

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

The Chestnut Man.

Usually when I see missing Daughter, two detectives thrown together to solve a serial killers murders, I'm of T' Garage.

Glad I didn't.

Being expertly mislead from one possible suspect to another and not be told who the killer is from the start was refreshing, 

Well worth watching.

(Not for the squeamish)

Fully recommended.

Yes I did the same ,then saw this post and carried on , you are right 

Edited by cuttsie

I’ve watched a few more episodes of the Walking Dead and I thought it had picked up a bit, that’s because of the actor who plays Negan.  He was once a villain now he seems to be a good guy at the moment.

Ridley Road.

4 parts all available on iPlayer.

Interesting, well filmed and acted throughout.

Based on Jo Bloom's novel of the same name.

Names have been altered to this 'based on true events' 4 part series.

There is one, major make believe running through the story, and  to reveal that would spoil

others viewing, so I shan't.

I liked the intercutting of footage of film from the 60's into the filming done for this  series.

Spotting Cars used in other recent programs delighted me.

A (powder blue) Mk 111 Zephyr estate often seen in 'Call the Midwife', a Bedford CA box van and

a LD post office van seen in 'Endeavour',

a Black Bedford CA van (possibly the one in 'the Krays' film) and 2 Mk 111 Zephyr Police cars that turn up in anything 1960's & finally,

the Red Messerschmidt bubble car spotted in Coronation St the other week.

Well worth watching.

Keep safe.

On 04/10/2021 at 19:13, Rockers rule said:

The Chestnut Man.

Glad I didn't.

Well worth watching.

(Not for the squeamish)

Fully recommended.

I was going to post on this  but you beat me to it Rockers.

Agree  fantastic 6 part series, I was hooked and never guessed who killer was.

On 04/10/2021 at 22:25, cuttsie said:

Yes I did the same ,then saw this post and carried on , you are right 

I'm always right 🧐

32 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I was going to post on this  but you beat me to it Rockers.

Agree  fantastic 6 part series, I was hooked and never guessed who killer was.

totally up the garden path having to change our minds on who the murderer was, was a bonus  :hihi:

3 pos recommendations say's it all.  

On 23/09/2021 at 15:59, Funky_Gibbon said:

Squid Game (Netflix)

A Korean TV series about people with financial or other problems who are approached to take part in a weird survival game with a big cash prize.

Just watched 1st episode,weird but it grew on me.

On 03/10/2021 at 13:15, hauxwell said:

That’s funny but I agree.  

I’m still watching The Walking Dead and that’s out of loyalty.  It was very good when it first started but it should have finished years ago.  This is the last series so I’m curious to see how it ends.  

Basically, that's my son's viewpoint. He stuck with it. I couldn't be arsed. I got bored 😴  .

I plan on starting 'Midnight Mass' soon (the people that do 'The Haunting Of....' series).

3 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Basically, that's my son's viewpoint. He stuck with it. I couldn't be arsed. I got bored 😴  .

I plan on starting 'Midnight Mass' soon (the people that do 'The Haunting Of....' series).

I’ve come this far with The Walking Dead so I’m going to stick with it.  I want to see what happens to the actor who plays Negan, can’t see him being killed off just yet as I’ve read ratings have picked up a bit because of him.  

At the moment I’m catching up with a few things that I’ve recorded on TV, a 3 part series being one of them, The Night Stalker, it’s a true story.  Then after binge watching the programme they did a documentary interviewing the detectives who caught this evil man.  It was good how the police finally caught him after working 17 years on the case.  

I might watch The Chestnut Man later on, a few on here say it’s well worth a watch. You will have to post what you think about Midnight Mass when you watch it!