Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Shameless US,  I prefer the American version,  obviously the storyline runs parallel with the English version but the Amercans use  more imagination  and are far far better actors.

Money Heist (La Casa De Papel)

The fifth and final season landed on Netflix yesterday.

Its by far the best the best drama I’ve ever watched. It’s clever, exciting, well acted and I genuinely care about the characters.

5 seasons in it’s still as brilliant as season 1. 

https://www.imdb.com/media/rm2776628993/tt6468322

Edited by nikki-red

On 18/09/2018 at 23:03, nikki-red said:

Ive watched all of Killing Eve over 3 nights.

Really enjoyed it, great performances by Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh. Roll on series 2!

Watched all 3 series over a period of two weeks. Total immersion.  Know what I like about Villanelle? Yeah, she's off the charts, mental health wise, but funny. I loved the scene where she'd snuck into Eve's apartment and got a load of CDs out and put the discs back into the wrong boxes. Tearing the last page out of books was particularly impish too. Love her. Oh, and when she pushed a dead fly into a raisin muffin made me giggle too. Comedy gold.

Spent a chunk of yesterday going on youtube etc downloading songs used throughout. The director obviously has a thing about French sex kittens. And who can fault them?

Not sure we need a 4th series though.

On 04/09/2021 at 10:07, nikki-red said:

Its by far the best the best drama I’ve ever watched. It’s clever, exciting, well acted and I genuinely care about the characters.

I Completly agree. 

On 04/09/2021 at 10:07, nikki-red said:

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I Completly agree. 

It's the final season but only half (5 episodes) of its been shown. 

Rest to be aired in December. (unless you've found it somewhere else?)

I'm a little uncertain about this last series too much emphasis on the characters earlier lives.

Yes lots of the action and intrigue (rat a tat tat of guns, big guns and big explosions) but the looking back through 'flashbacks' seems to be a way of filling space rather just getting on with the job.

Keep safe

& Binge responsibly 🧐

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

It's the final season but only half (5 episodes) of its been shown. 

Rest to be aired in December. (unless you've found it somewhere else?)

I'm a little uncertain about this last series too much emphasis on the characters earlier lives.

Yes lots of the action and intrigue (rat a tat tat of guns, big guns and big explosions) but the looking back through 'flashbacks' seems to be a way of filling space rather just getting on with the job.

Keep safe

& Binge responsibly 🧐

The focus on their lives and history etc is what I love about it!

And no, only Chapter one of season five is available, roll on Chapter two in December…

16 hours ago, nikki-red said:

The focus on their lives and history etc is what I love about it!

And no, only Chapter one of season five is available, roll on Chapter two in December…

They have been in the Bank of Spain since the start of Series 3, and the group have been together since series 1.

Their 'back grounds' have been well chronicled throughout.

I'd rather they had spent more time infusing more of the intrigues the Professor has  counteracting every variation of 'what If'

than recapping on what we already know about the main protagonists.

3 series's of being in the same Bank and resorting to 'Flashbacks' to 'fill' the thing out doesn't work for me.

Still enjoying but it is quickly loosing its flavour by being dragged out.

But what do I know about Train setts?

Keep safe.

Just binged-watched the first series of 'Fleabag'.

It's probably the most disturbing tv I've seen in many a year. 
I think I need a couple of days away from it and a few stiff drinks before attempting the 2nd series.

A misjudged suicide attempt, a*se-***ing as a preference scenes, a small t*ts fascination, the best evil step/Godmother that Disney never created, bad art, self-loathing, nymphomania, extortion of gullible customers, weird mystifying behaviour around periods, a retreat for misogynists, bad waitressing, bad interviews and a lonely guinea pig.
One aimed solely at a female viewership I suspect. Most of it went over my head. Did like the bits with Hugh Dennis though.

MQQJUkA.jpg

Shadow and Bone.

Strange mixture of Fantasy, Fiction and a little Steampunk .

Not as intense as Mortal Engines and unfortunately not as strong a story line.

Nothing is explained till the last three episodes about the 'shadow tear' that separates the country or as to why

there is so much animosity between the rivaling  Grisha and Ravka. 

The filming, cast, storyline and costumes (All bustles, basks, big shoulder pads and embroidery) have something.

But, the feeling a lot is happening and nothing is getting anywhere fast is frustrating at times.

The last three episode make up for any shortcomings and even though the ending is wide open for

a second series we still felt let down by not feeling part of the story.

Keep safe

Binge responsibly. 

The North Water

The story is about a surgeon who signs up as the ship’s doctor on a whaling expedition to the Arctic in the mid 19th century.  He is on an ill fated journey with a psychopath. 

All 5 episodes are on iplayer.

Squid Game (Netflix)

A Korean TV series about people with financial or other problems who are approached to take part in a weird survival game with a big cash prize.