Box set and binge viewing megathread.

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Series 6 on teen titans go! is funny but mainly because they have practically given up writing for kids.

But that's why it's so funny 😁

Little Birds. Slightly racy drama set in 1950s Tangier. Some nice period touches and some stuff they got a bit wrong, or it was at least a bit over the top. Visually very strong and the last section of the last episode (A dinner!) was brilliant. Not sure it needed 6 episodes though.

On 10/09/2020 at 14:25, tinfoilhat said:

Little Birds. Slightly racy drama set in 1950s Tangier. Some nice period touches and some stuff they got a bit wrong, or it was at least a bit over the top. Visually very strong and the last section of the last episode (A dinner!) was brilliant. Not sure it needed 6 episodes though.

Coincidence; 10 minutes into the first episode 😀

Homecoming. Series 1 (2018) & Series 2 (2020)

Totally enjoyed binging on these 1/2 hourly episodes.

Set mostly in and around a rehabilitation centre for home coming troops (present day USA).

Of course things are not always as they seem.

Julia Roberts stars in the first series and plays an excellent part as one of the councillors.

The second series follows on well from the first and the ending is quite acceptable.

Fully recommend.

Fringe.

Just not sure on this one.

Her that should be obeyed's choice and while I did enjoy the first episode (watched 5 so far) Its just not my thing.

Reminds me too much of 'Blindspot' which, despite my love forTattooing couldn't cope with the similar format of

having to solve some new intrigue every episode.

The probability of being able to solve a 'new mystery' every week is beyond belief in both 'Blindspot and 'Fringe' IMO.

All very clever but too far fetched.

Keep safe and Binge responsibly. 

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Homecoming. Series 1 (2018) & Series 2 (2020)

Totally enjoyed binging on these 1/2 hourly episodes.

Set mostly in and around a rehabilitation centre for home coming troops (present day USA).

Of course things are not always as they seem.

Julia Roberts stars in the first series and plays an excellent part as one of the councillors.

The second series follows on well from the first and the ending is quite acceptable.

Fully recommend.

Fringe.

Just not sure on this one.

Her that should be obeyed's choice and while I did enjoy the first episode (watched 5 so far) Its just not my thing.

Reminds me too much of 'Blindspot' which, despite my love forTattooing couldn't cope with the similar format of

having to solve some new intrigue every episode.

The probability of being able to solve a 'new mystery' every week is beyond belief in both 'Blindspot and 'Fringe' IMO.

All very clever but too far fetched.

Keep safe and Binge responsibly. 

Stick with fringe, it's brilliant. Couldn't be more different to blind spot- think X files or even Lost.

Meanwhile, at Tinfoil Towers, just finished I hate Suzie. Former child star life spins off the rails. Billie Piper is superb in it. A bit risque in places but just good observational drama/comedy.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Stick with fringe, it's brilliant. Couldn't be more different to blind spot- think X files or even Lost.

Meanwhile, at Tinfoil Towers, just finished I hate Suzie. Former child star life spins off the rails. Billie Piper is superb in it. A bit risque in places but just good observational drama/comedy.

My reasoning was in Blindspot it was always the same thing. whichever tattoo had a hidden meaning and was the premise of solving a crime that had either happened or was about to happen in that episode it would be the same premise for the next episode..

Same with Fringe, each episode is centred around something the main character has been involved in previously and much the same for the following episode.

While the detection work, explanations and some pretty good inventive solution to whatever problem are dealt with in the episode's I've watched in  'Fringe' you just know the same format is going to be used over and over again in further episode's

I wasn't a big lover of X files which was over done - IMO

'Lost' now that was a different kettle of fish - Luved it & still go back to it now and again. 

Keep safe & binge responsibly .

Can anyone recommend a good series with 6 (or less) episodes please?

20 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

More parameters needed. Define 'good'. Spy? Blood-death-murder? Si-Fi? Rom-Com? Supernatural?

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Generation kill was a cracker. Little birds wasn’t bad. I get your need for shorter, punchier series - will binge Des but as I haven’t watched it yet, can’t say either way.

17 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

My reasoning was in Blindspot it was always the same thing. whichever tattoo had a hidden meaning and was the premise of solving a crime that had either happened or was about to happen in that episode it would be the same premise for the next episode..

Same with Fringe, each episode is centred around something the main character has been involved in previously and much the same for the following episode.

While the detection work, explanations and some pretty good inventive solution to whatever problem are dealt with in the episode's I've watched in  'Fringe' you just know the same format is going to be used over and over again in further episode's

It is a bit like that initially in Season 1 but it changes about midway through the season from the X-Files 'monster of the week' format and instead brings in what turns into a great multi-season arc story with a huge amount of character development for almost all of the main cast.

1 hour ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

It is a bit like that initially in Season 1 but it changes about midway through the season from the X-Files 'monster of the week' format and instead brings in what turns into a great multi-season arc story with a huge amount of character development for almost all of the main cast.

Go on then Funky & Tinfoil - I'll give it another go.

Thanks.

Started watching

Raised by Wolves TV series. (2020) Netflix.

corny as hell and filmed like any good  1970's Sci Fi would have been 

BUT there is something that is compulsive about it.

I can't find it available for a complete binge.  

Having to wait weekly for the story to continue is the only down side.

Fully recommend.

Keep safe & binge responsibly.

23 hours ago, wearysmith said:

More parameters needed. Define 'good'. Spy? Blood-death-murder? Si-Fi? Rom-Com? Supernatural?

Any genre really.