Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Unbelievable - thoroughly gripping(for me anyway).

Just rewatched Altered Carbon S1 in preparation for the S2 starting at the end of the month. I'm a huge fan of the books and character this is based on and the first time I watched it I was annoyed by the unnecessary changes they'd made that altered the character and story in ways I didn't like so it tainted my enjoyment. In this rewatch I knew what was coming and just watched it for what it was and I enjoyed it a lot more than I had the first time around.

On 08/02/2020 at 11:52, willman said:

Unbelievable - thoroughly gripping(for me anyway).

I was about to start watching this but ended up downloading The Truth Be Out, a Swedish thriller based on true events.

I'm 2 episodes in and think it was a good choice- beginning to build up now.

I'm hoping to get a chance to see Unbelievable at some stage, it does sound very good.

31 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I was about to start watching this but ended up downloading The Truth Be Out, a Swedish thriller based on true events.

I'm 2 episodes in and think it was a good choice- beginning to build up now.

I'm hoping to get a chance to see Unbelievable at some stage, it does sound very good.

Unbelievable is actually based on true "events" as well but more towards procedural work and "opinion" at the time. I'll look out for the The Truth.

Just watched The Stranger which was excellent and almost up to date with The Outsider - which is excellent but typical Stephen King fodder.

1 hour ago, willman said:

Unbelievable is actually based on true "events" as well but more towards procedural work and "opinion" at the time. I'll look out for the The Truth.

Just watched The Stranger which was excellent and almost up to date with The Outsider - which is excellent but typical Stephen King fodder.

Here is the trailer for Truth Will Out

I will have to decide on watching Unbelievable or The Stranger next- so many damn series at the moment..

Edited by Guest

Admittedly i only did 4 or 5 of series 1 of each of these over the past week or two.

The Punisher - it certainly was.

Daredevil - bring back Ben Affleck

Iron Hand- i don't know which was worse the actor or the series.

The Defenders - oooh my goodness what pants

Wu Assassins - martial version of the above and just as terrible.

If you haven't watched Hidden its definitely worth worth downloading the first series.

1 hour ago, willman said:

If you haven't watched Hidden its definitely worth worth downloading the first series.

Where's that available willman?

Sounds quite good.

Meanwhile I recommend Public Enemy.

Series 1 (8.5/10) is better than 2nd (7/10) but both are a good watch.

These are linked so you will need to watch the first season to know what's going on.

Available to download on sky boxset. In subtitles as this is a French thriller.

Edited by Guest

Hidden is a BBC series so i think i downloaded it from iplayer via Sky.

16 minutes ago, willman said:

Hidden is a BBC series so i think i downloaded it from iplayer via Sky.

Thanks 

Will see if I can pin it down- sounds similar to The Bridge, which I never got to watch (think was Swedish). 

That spun off to deliver a French version called The Tunnel- I believe I may have reviewed that on here, but if not then it is very good.

Finished binge watching The Expanse right from the start.  What an excellent Sci-Fi series.  Good storyline and fantastic graphics.

Just rattled through A Christmas Carol that has been sat in the planner like a half eaten tin of quality street. Not read the book, in fact my only point of reference is the Muppet version. This version was rather sweary and very very dark. But I thought it worked the grey areas well and the performances - particularly guy pierce And vinette Robinson- were first class. Not a laugh riot like the Muppet one but enjoyable and quite thought provoking.