Box set and binge viewing megathread.

I watched Surviving R. Kelly over the weekend. I knew it was going to be shocking but I couldnt believe just how bad some of the things hes accused of are.
Horrendous, what a totally vile individual.

I've recently watched 'Dirty John' on Netflix. 

21st century online dating, and the consequences of meeting somebody who has reinvented themselves...

Bingeing my way through the new Netflix animated sci-fi shorts anthology 'Love, Death & Robots', which is kind of like Black Mirror but darker and more twisted. Also brilliantly funny from what I've seen so far. And extremely graphic.

The episodes is about 15 minutes in length and the stories are based on short stories by well-known science fiction authors such as Peter F. Hamilton, Alastair Reynolds and John Scalzi.

I'm in sci-fi geek heaven. 😀

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

The umbrella academy. The plot wandered a bit mid way but I thought it was pretty good.

On 03/03/2019 at 09:22, Car Boot said:

I've recently watched 'Dirty John' on Netflix. 

21st century online dating, and the consequences of meeting somebody who has reinvented themselves...

Very good and as you know,  a true sory.  Have you seen  the follow up true life Documentry.  Also very good.:thumbsup:

Night Fall and Rebellion are both worth a watch. 🙂

On 23/03/2019 at 06:06, PRESLEY said:

Very good and as you know,  a true sory.  Have you seen  the follow up true life Documentry.  Also very good.:thumbsup:

On 23/03/2019 at 06:06, PRESLEY said:

Just finished the2 seasons of Rebellion. Got me wondering if there will be a 3rd or will it end that way because the troubles never really ended after the treaty, and have  never really gone away in the minds of many Irish. Excellent series, superb acting and very atmospheric to that time in history, you sometimes felt that you were actually there , watching the plots and counter plots unfold.

On 24/03/2019 at 16:57, Ontarian1981 said:

Just finished the2 seasons of Rebellion. Got me wondering if there will be a 3rd or will it end that way because the troubles never really ended after the treaty, and have  never really gone away in the minds of many Irish. Excellent series, superb acting and very atmospheric to that time in history, you sometimes felt that you were actually there , watching the plots and counter plots unfold.

How it ended lead me to believe there might be a third series but when I googled the series it on showed 2 seasons only.  

Gettin’ my sci-fi on at the moment.

The Expanse. Excellent, good plot line and “universe” (if that makes sense) and well rounded characters which were well played by the main leads. The usual Canadian sci-fi stalwarts turn up throughout and I enjoyed it a lot. It’s part Total Recall, almost part Firefly. There’s a big plot development on the last episode (which was going to be the last ever before Prime took it on) and it could derail it. I live in hope.

Star Trek Discovery. Nearly finished this off. Don’t know why it’s not getting love from the Trekkies. It’s a perfectly good evolution from series past with some nice knowing winks to the older ones if you keep your eyes peeled. It’s quite dark, both in tone and visuals compared with series like TNG and it’s mainly one over arching story rather than alien of the week but it’s been really good, albeit with some blunt plot twists. Not as layered or as subtle as the expanse but a good watch.

The Orville. Seth Macfarlain drives this along with a few old hands from Star Trek, stargate etc producing it. It’s really not that funny, and in the main it doesn’t try to be - certainly not in a family guy or spaceballs kind of way. It looks like a mid 90s sci-fi show like Star Trek of that vintage but with more modern, occasionally thought provoking storylines. Watch it for that rather than a host of space related nob gags and you won’t be disappointed.

Line of Duty is worth a watch.

On 18/04/2019 at 23:05, tinfoilhat said:

Star Trek Discovery. Nearly finished this off. Don’t know why it’s not getting love from the Trekkies. It’s a perfectly good evolution from series past with some nice knowing winks to the older ones if you keep your eyes peeled. It’s quite dark, both in tone and visuals compared with series like TNG and it’s mainly one over arching story rather than alien of the week but it’s been really good, albeit with some blunt plot twists. Not as layered or as subtle as the expanse but a good watch.

I've always been a viewer of Trek and enjoy Discovery. It went a bit too close to "A Mirror Darkly" from Enterprise during the first series. Since then it seems to have found it's own plot, overall its going to be a good one (IMO) A good 2 part episode to end series 2 that leaves plenty of questions, I'll leave it at that as I don't want to spoil it for others.

MotherFatherSon was good.  Some good acting from Richard Gere, Billy Howle and Helen McCrory.  Hope it comes back for a second season.

Watched Trapped season 1 and now watching the Bridge.  Trapped was quite enjoyable but nothing ground breaking. Enjoying The Bridge more :)