Box set and binge viewing megathread.

I've not long had Netflix, had Amazon Prime for a while.

Loved Stranger Things (after 2 episodes in), bring on Series 2. Making A Murderer - Anyone watched it. You have to concentrate as a lot of it is subtitled due to the strong accents but is very scary - as it's true life. Currently watching Shooter and enjoying Designated Survivor - although I feel it's getting a bit twee - no matter what disaster befalls poor old Keifer it's all (mainly) solved in 60 minutes. Still a good watch though.

Not so much good stuff on Amazon Prime though I did enjoy Preacher.

Just watched the first series of Daredevil and really enjoyed it.

Loved Stranger Things (after 2 episodes in), bring on Series 2. Making A Murderer - Anyone watched it. You have to concentrate as a lot of it is subtitled due to the strong accents but is very scary - as it's true life. Currently watching Shooter and enjoying Designated Survivor - although I feel it's getting a bit twee - no matter what disaster befalls poor old Keifer it's all (mainly) solved in 60 minutes. Still a good watch though.

Did you recognise Levon Helm, the late great drummer / vocalist of the Band in the Shooter film? He was the old skinny guy( he was already ravaged with cancer) the shooter and the runaway FBI guy went to see for some advice.

I'm thinking of ditching Amazon Prime just as soon as I've watched the next series of The Man In The High Castle and Black Sails. Their TV series are on the whole fairly poor (or I've already got them on DVD) and their films are also mostly rubbish. I can live without the free next day delivery.

I will definitely be switch over to Netflix I think, there are just too many series I want to watch on there or due to be broadcast on there in 2017 such as The Expanse in February or Altered Carbon some time towards the end of the year.

New series of Black Mirror on Netflix now :D

I have not watched this myself but have heard a few snippets about it from a friend, it certainly sounds equally interesting and disturbing!

Has anyone watched life on earth the new box set?, if so what do you think as I'm thinking of buying it for someone as a prezzie

Just finished binge watching the 2nd season of 'The Man in the High Castle'. Really quite good and the way they've made the baddies of the show into more complex and flawed human characters was really an improvement on the caricatures of the first season.

Just started second season of Mr Robot on Prime, then starting second season of Man in High Castle. Also been watching Lucifer on & off.

Been watching rather a lot of box sets recently, more so than ever due to getting the full Sky package cheap, and Amazon Prime, plus a few cheeky Netflix trials.

So far completed (can highly recommend them all):

Prison Break (didn't interest me in the slightest when it first came out, but was hooked after a few episodes)

Malcolm in the Middle (one of those shows that you've ended up catching most of over the years, but well worth a rewatch in chronological order)

Trailer Park Boys (the latest season did drop off a bit for me and felt a bit forced)

Alpha House (surprisingly only one season, but really enjoyed it, not my usual kind of thing)

Parks & Rec (again, the last season is not as good as the sublime earlier ones)

Community (very similar to Parks & Rec, really good stuff)

Modern Family (again, caught a good few of these over the last few years but only really got into it recently)

Currently watching:

Lost S1 (Another one that I was never that bothered about but quite enjoying it now)

Girlfriend is also into The Walking Dead and House of Cards but never really got into them myself.

Man in the high castle is pretty decent

Ive just finished watching The OA on Netflix, 8 episodes in 2 days!

I really liked it. Its all very surreal and youre left wondering whats real and what isnt. Hopefully therell be another series that will answer everybodies questions!

That's so weird nikki-red - I finished watching the OA tonight too. I really enjoyed it and I have been Googling about it just now to see the different theories on the ending. I certainly didn't expect the bit in the school and it seems to be have been criticised for it. I hope there's a second series...

No looking for my next Netflix fix...!