This mysterious 5am bang?

I have searched and at a first glance I can't see anything regarding it? This shocks me to start with as I know our local newspaper love a read of SF to bag a story or two, and they are reporting in on their website.

So this mysterious 5:00am loud bang?....

- Did you hear it?

- What did you make of it?

Apparently news sources say that it could be heard as far as 20 miles away I believe they said? Well I can safely say that I never heard a thing :hihi: But then again I was cream crackered after a late 12 hour shift therefore it would have taken quite a bit to wake me up.

It is said the "bang" originated from the Meadowhall area which makes you think it could be something industrial? Forgemasters anyone?....The Star then go on to suggest other causes such as Sonic Boom, Fireworks and Thunder.....Fantastic journalism :D

So come on. Somebody must have hear it? Opines welcomed......

With all the crazy weather going on at the moment, could have been an isolated clap of thunder, always sounds so much louder in the quietness of the morning, I never heard anything and I have my bedroom windows open all night

For a few days now, I have heard loud rumbling noises, at around 4:00 - 5:30 in the morning, on and off for a period of about 40 minutes. They sounded very chilling.

I woke my partner up who didn't hear a thing until the third morning. My partner thought it might be work on the railway lines?

Edited by Lex Luthor

could it be something to do with fracking ?

I think its something to do with Alcoblog, he's always up to something or other quite suspicious.

Maybe he's having something top secret built at Forgemasters?

could it be something to do with fracking ?

Good question. I don't know. What did cross my mind was that the ground had opened up at Hutcliffe Wood Road.

Just google strange sounds worldwide, its not just in Sheffield!

Our lass has a touch of wind at the moment. Could well be that!

Good question. I don't know. What did cross my mind was that the ground had opened up at Hutcliffe Wood Road.

That's already been covered elsewhere - old mine workings in the area....... apparently :suspect:

That's already been covered elsewhere - old mine workings in the area....... apparently :suspect:

The mine workings are shown of the OS map of the area from 1923.