Right to buy question

My mother inn law has been accepted for the right to buy scheme.

Now the proses is in the solicitors hands.

She's just wondering how long roughly this proses takes until it's all completely done.

I know it took me around 8 weeks to purchase my house but this was a private sale.

Regarding a council property I wouldn't know.

Thanks

If it’s a straight forward purchase I wouldn’t have thought it would take long. A mortgage being involved would add a bit of time on. The conveyance solicitor being used would be able to say more accurately.

My mother inn law has been accepted for the right to buy scheme.

Now the proses is in the solicitors hands.

She's just wondering how long roughly this proses takes until it's all completely done.

I know it took me around 8 weeks to purchase my house but this was a private sale.

There are various stages:

1. Have the Council © issued a "s.125" letter, detailing the assessed open-market value and applicable discount? If they have does your mother-in-law (P) agree the figures? She has a time-limited right to challenge them.

2. Has P sent-in her acceptance forms? If she has, C have to issue conveyancing documents within a defined timescale. P's solicitors need to check this and, if appropriate, serve the RTB6/RTB8 Notices.

3. Once the conveyancing documents are issued, P's solicitor makes the usual preliminary searches. These should take no more than 2-3 weeks.

4. For HMG's official advice website, see https://righttobuy.gov.uk/apply/what-happens-next/