Naz Shah suspended from Parliament for anti Jewish rants.

I do believe that Hitler was indeed "Mad" as Livingstone said in the sense that having left home to find work he found destitution and had to resort to sleeping, with many other destitutes not in the gutter but in the sewers to avoid freezing to death. We know that there are noxious gasses produced in sewers, some of these may have had an effect on his brain(still developing as a young man) and also the apparent affluence of some contrasting with the privations of others has a deep psychological efect on anyone in their formative years.

You'll probably find Hitlers time in the trenches, later substance abuse and apparent early-onset parkinsons had more to do with his mental state than the short time he was homeless (and living in homeless shelters)

Although the seeds on intolerance would have been sewn in Vienna as it was quite prolific at the time, and the general stance towards racism and such was much more casual back then as well.

So what you are saying is Corbyn is such a mealy mouthed little weed he sacked an MP and an ex London Mayor, not because they were anti-semites, but because he was frightened of the newspapers.

I have not heard that anyone had been sacked. I heard that two people had been suspended prior to an investigation. This is what I was saying about conflation of two different things Suspension is not Sacking.

There is also a huge difference in Anti-Semitism and anti Expansionist-Zionism. Conflating one thing with another is a frequent mistake and also ploy used by parties with a vested interest in a subject.

So who's doing the conflating?

I put it to you that it's the anti-Semites that have done the conflating, hiding behind anti-Zionism to disguise their hatred of Jews.

How else do you explain the extreme emphasis over the various exaggerated misdemeanours committed by such a small state compared with all the other much bigger crimes committed by many other states?

I notice that nobody has attempted to answer my questions in #48, but let me apply Occams Razor and conclude that anti-Semitism is at the root of anti-Zionism.

---------- Post added 29-04-2016 at 14:33 ----------

the appeal of IS to younger Muslims who feel isolated and deprived of the more luxurious items available to affluent people now.

The idea that Islamist terror is caused by poverty is patently false.

Edited by milquetoast1

I have not heard that anyone had been sacked. I heard that two people had been suspended prior to an investigation. This is what I was saying about conflation of two different things Suspension is not Sacking.

It just goes to show doesn't it.

Naz Shah sacked from her post as aide to the Shadow Chancellor and suspended from the party and taking part in any party duties.

---------- Post added 29-04-2016 at 14:36 ----------

So who's doing the conflating?

I put it to you that it's the anti-Semites that have done the conflating, hiding behind anti-Zionism to disguise their hatred of Jews.

How else do you explain the extreme emphasis over the various exaggerated misdemeanours committed by such a small state compared with all the other much bigger crimes committed by many other states?

I notice that nobody has attempted to answer my questions in #84, but let me apply Occams Razor and conclude that anti-Semitism is at the root of anti-Zionism.

---------- Post added 29-04-2016 at 14:33 ----------

The idea that Islamist terror is caused by poverty is patently false.

It would seem that anti-semitism is deep rooted in the party as are the appologists trying to make light of it and cover it up. They have clearly only uncovered the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by foxy lady

Question is now do they try and sort it out internally, while publicly trying to show they're 'getting on with business'

or will it all descent into a massive public mud slinging session that'll dominate the papers for several weeks?

Hitler did indeed advocate sending (all) Jews back to Palestine to re establish a Zionist state, this was not meant in a kindly way of aiding poor Jews to a better life but, as enforced deportation.

you haven't a clue what you're talking about, but don't worry about it, because you're in good company, and Ken Livingstone doesn't have a clue either.

I assume you are talking about the Haavara Agreement, which wasn't a Nazi policy or initiative at all, but a Zionist one - although it was a controversial one bitterly disagreed about by various factions in the Yishuv. Hitler wasn't even a particular fan of it, and he certainly didn't initiate it. And the German political figure most associated with the whole business, Werner Otto von Hentig, wasn't even a Nazi. To call the Haavara Agreement a 'Nazi policy' or even worse a 'Hitler policy' is just getting it wrong, which of course, Ken Livingstone does all the time.

perhaps like Livingstone, you also think that Adolf Hitler 'won' the election in 1932, when in actual fact Adolf Hitler never won an election in his life.

Question is now do they try and sort it out internally, while publicly trying to show they're 'getting on with business'

or will it all descent into a massive public mud slinging session that'll dominate the papers for several weeks?

It isn't something new. Corbyn has been forced to expel rather a lot of folk recently for their anti-semitic views. Gerry Downing went last month.

Vicky Kirby was expelled in 2014 and just readmitted in time to start the rants all over again.

I am sure it will drag on for weeks, the Blairites are trying their best to disrupt the party, why else would the Blairite John Mann so publicly cause such a disturbance (whilst keeping his eye on the camera) in the full knowledge that it would cause serious reverberations, Mann knew exactly what he was doing, anyone who had the party at heart would have such bust ups behind closed doors, but not John Mann, he wanted it to be on full show, i honestly believe it was timed to cause as much damage for next weeks elections as possible, so they could say that Corbyn has failed and needs to be replaced.

Whist not fully understanding all this ooh haa, was Livingstone really at fault for repeating what Hitler had done? and being Zionist in the process, or whatever its called, if anyone wants to explain this to me, i would be great full

Ah, I see ... so it's not the anti-Semitism in the Hezbollabour party that's the problem, but the way it has been revealed.

Sort of like, it's not fair that you've caught me with this woman ... you weren't supposed to be home for another two hours.

Edited by milquetoast1

Ah, I see ... so it's not the anti-Semitism in the Hezbollabour party that's the problem, but the way it has been revealed.

Sort of like, it's not fair that you've caught me with this woman ... you weren't supposed to be home for another two hours.

I dont believe there is anti Semitism, its just media hype to stir it up....after all it suits the Tories with them having a torrid time :suspect:

I dont believe there is anti Semitism, its just media hype to stir it up....after all it suits the Tories with them having a torrid time :suspect:

I'm not racist, but ...