We aint got a barrel of money but we've got Woodward and Currie

What are your memories of this Blades side.

To join up a couple of threads.

The thread 'A Day in the Life of a City 1973' was filmed on September 5th 1973. The night before the Blades thrashed the mighty Arsenal at Bramall Lane 5-0. TC sat on the ball and invited Arsenal superstars to take it from him.

Many memories. This is one of the best.

Many memories of the side that won promotion in 1971.

We didn't invest good enough and 76 was it when we were close to the top of the 1st division, again no investment and a slide down the leagues.

Compare that 71 side with what we have today and oh dear what a comparison.

I was a mad Blade in those heady days, today I have drifted away and doubt I will return and I am not alone in having done that !

Realistically the premiership in my lifetime I don't think will happen for us, that's realism and not pessimism !!

this might be on wrong page but when these player played they played as 1 team not idinvial like the team now complete <Removed> sorry for spelling mistakes:o

Edited by nikki-red

The thread 'A Day in the Life of a City 1973' was filmed on September 5th 1973. The night before the Blades thrashed the mighty Arsenal at Bramall Lane 5-0. TC sat on the ball and invited Arsenal superstars to take it from him.

I missed that game my mate mick persuaded me to go with him to watch Wednesday at bury which they lost 3-0 it was one of the worst games I've seen plus I nearly got bit by a police dog in Manchester.

Not too many superstars at Arsenal in those days lol;)

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 15:52 ----------

I missed that game my mate mick persuaded me to go with him to watch Wednesday at bury which they lost 3-0 it was one of the worst games I've seen plus I nearly got bit by a police dog in Manchester.

I remember getting snot all down my raincoat from a police horse keeping us in line at Old Trafford in the queue to get in, when Wednesday were playing Man Utd. about mid sixties.:gag:

Not too many superstars at Arsenal in those days lol;)

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 15:52 ----------

I remember getting snot all down my raincoat from a police horse keeping us in line at Old Trafford in the queue to get in, when Wednesday were playing Man Utd. about mid sixties.:gag:

If that mucas came from 'Police Horse' Mr.T., then there has to be some sort of truth, as the feline probably wasn't sired in South Yorkshire.

Loved watching Trevor Hockey - Big bearded 'stopper', not much got past our Trev, well not in one piece anyway! Went to Plymouth Argyle if memory serves correctly - died quite young, from cancer I think.

Stopped supporting the Blades when they sold Tony Currie, selling him was bad enough but to LEEDS?!?

Loved watching Trevor Hockey - Big bearded 'stopper', not much got past our Trev, well not in one piece anyway! Went to Plymouth Argyle if memory serves correctly - died quite young, from cancer I think.

Stopped supporting the Blades when they sold Tony Currie, selling him was bad enough but to LEEDS?!?

Trevor Hockey would have been a better player if: (a) knew the rules of the game, (b) Could pass the ball further than fifteen feet. As for 'not much got past our Trev.' I recall him fouling Liverpool's Tommy Smith -if that's not an oxymoron- and retreating many yards away before the granite faced scouser got up ! The Blade's sold him to Norwich City and in retirement, died of a heart attack at age 43. Oh.. and 'Our Trev' was from West Yorkshire -where Leeds is !

---------- Post added 29-06-2016 at 00:45 ----------

John Hope ?

Edited by stpetre
Edit

Trevor Hockey would have been a better player if: (a) knew the rules of the game, (b) Could pass the ball further than fifteen feet. As for 'not much got past our Trev.' I recall him fouling Liverpool's Tommy Smith -if that's not an oxymoron- and retreating many yards away before the granite faced scouser got up ! The Blade's sold him to Norwich City and in retirement, died of a heart attack at age 43. Oh.. and 'Our Trev' was from West Yorkshire -where Leeds is

Not being quite fair to our Trev' there methinks. Whilst he wasn't exactly God's gift to Football he was a cult hero at Bramall Lane and deemed good enough to be capped for Wales (mind you, so was Vinnie Jones). As for fouling Tommy Smith, if that was me I think I would have retreated to Spain!

Trevor Hockey would have been a better player if: (a) knew the rules of the game, (b) Could pass the ball further than fifteen feet. As for 'not much got past our Trev.' I recall him fouling Liverpool's Tommy Smith -if that's not an oxymoron- and retreating many yards away before the granite faced scouser got up ! The Blade's sold him to Norwich City and in retirement, died of a heart attack at age 43. Oh.. and 'Our Trev' was from West Yorkshire -where Leeds is

Not being quite fair to our Trev' there methinks. Whilst he wasn't exactly God's gift to Football he was a cult hero at Bramall Lane and deemed good enough to be capped for Wales (mind you, so was Vinnie Jones). As for fouling Tommy Smith, if that was me I think I would have retreated to Spain!

That game was around 1972 and in fairness to both players, Hockey later went over to see if Smith -who needed treatment- was o.k.and I don't recall the Liverpool man retaliating, not in that game anyway.

Just happy ones, greatest Blades team I've ever seen in 50 years pity the current team don't have a tenth of their skill or passion. In those days tho the skill was far greater than the passion we had some bloody good players in that team.