Hyde Park Flats Question?

IV seen photos of Hyde Park flats I don't recall them personally as I was very young when they were demolished in the early 1990s . The complex looks massive and must have had great views from the upper levels . Was the flats inside similar to the ones at Park Hill flats and was their bedsits in the complex did the lager flats have three or more bedrooms.The outside looks similar to Park Hill but IV noticed on the very top the design looks different . Was it ture their were design flaws in the complex ?

IV seen photos of Hyde Park flats I don't recall them personally as I was very young when they were demolished in the early 1990s . The complex looks massive and must have had great views from the upper levels . Was the flats inside similar to the ones at Park Hill flats and was their bedsits in the complex did the lager flats have three or more bedrooms.The outside looks similar to Park Hill but IV noticed on the very top the design looks different . Was it ture their were design flaws in the complex ?

I never lived there but they had 'Penthouses' At least on the Duke Street facing side and they were at 'street level' which an oxymoron I think.

Why were they an oxymoron?

Penthouse only means a section of building with "a sloping roof". Did they not have sloping roofs ?

Why were they an oxymoron?

Penthouse only means a section of building with "a sloping roof". Did they not have sloping roofs ?

No, I thought a 'Penthouse' (at least where I live, but not in one) was the uppermost living level in a block of buildings, and thank you Mr. M.

Hyde Park Walk and Terrace were commonly referred to as the penthouses.

A few images here (with Park Hill School in the foreground), here (Hyde Park Terrace) and here (really interesting photo showing the old Park Hill school, and the Park Health Centre and Trades & Labour Club sites prior to redevelopment).

the flats inside were the same has parkhill,the bedsits tendered to be flats with doors on the stairs,there were defenetley 3 bedrooms ,not sure about 4 beds ,the flats on the top landings were differant all on one levell and bedroom windows were on the landings,

There were 4 bedroomed flats/maisonettes in the biggest block but I don't know about the other blocks

This is Hyde Park flats, altered beyond recognition when the main building was demolished and the rest reclad, so it's not nearly as imposing a sight as it once was. Photo is early 70s

I bet when Hyde Park was lit up at night it was an impressive sight. The sheer scale of the flats is amazing

I bet when Hyde Park was lit up at night it was an impressive sight. The sheer scale of the flats is amazing

Yes it really was an impressive sight. There was a great view from the Crucible across Park Hill with the Hyde Park 'citadel' towering above.

If it was in London it would be the new Trellick Tower.

Another pic I found - http://i48.tinypic.com/2j4tt1z.jpg

Yes it really was an impressive sight. There was a great view from the Crucible across Park Hill with the Hyde Park 'citadel' towering above.

If it was in London it would be the new Trellick Tower.

Another pic I found - http://i48.tinypic.com/2j4tt1z.jpg

Very impressive photo so much housing begs the question why did they demolish it ?

Very impressive photo so much housing begs the question why did they demolish it ?

That is the big question around Sheffield Town Planning.

A World beating project one day becomes a demolition site within twenty or thirty years.