Why is it so hard to get a tradesman?

Hi again Ricky Tomlinson tv artist was one guy who got locked up and as fought it ever since . After strike 72.  I don,t know what he did wrong ..

19 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Hi again Ricky Tomlinson tv artist was one guy who got locked up and as fought it ever since . After strike 72.  I don,t know what he did wrong ..

The problem was that the building union was useless , I remember the Liverpool mob arriving on our site on Pond Street it was a case of come out or else , but when you needed them after the strike they were no where to be contacted , We ended up worse off after the strike working on the Polytechnic (Hallam Uni now ) .

I remember when we were on the Hyde Park flats (Public Works Dept)  The gaffers told our three man gang we had to manhandle concrete balustrades into position .(these weighed around a ton each ) we had to use bits of scaffold tube as rollers and risked these bloody great lumps of concrete falling on us or knackering up our backs , we got the Sheffield branch in from the Victoria Hall , The advise from them ,"do it or they will just get some one else to" bleedin useless they were .

On 08/10/2021 at 10:36, El Cid said:

Those sorts of people are all around us, its just that the Government, Councils and charities do everything, the Conservative philosophy seems to be to look after number one.

The only thing is it was Blair who wanted everyone at university,  after that they rarely want manual jobs.

Sorry but in Sheffield they shut steel works and all firms that worked around British steel I knew two of my old mates had small firms that contracted to them all furnace bricklayers that worked for them no more work pits all closed contractors gone tel me what were they supposed to do go on six months screams or stack shelves redundancy money does not last for ever full towns gone to nothing I am glad I never had that happen to me sorry but that is what I think and never will change my views on it