Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

So no one climbed the wall?

Trying to escape the crush outside which was the reason the gate was opened.

Which was caused by too few open turnstiles and too few police and bad planning.

Any more questions?

But....they weren't even late anyway. Advice was to arrive 15 mins early-there were 2000 fans outside the ground at 2:30. Who could have got in on time if the right number of turnstiles were opened and kick off was delayed. Footage doesn't show any of what you suggest; they walk in calmly when the gate is opened then basic crowd dynamics took over causing a crush.

Why do you think the gate had to be opened in the first place?

Why do you think the gate had to be opened in the first place?

See above post.

This has now become more than simply the cause/effect/blame upon the authorities. No one can deny the complicity and culpability of certain organisations and individuals. Thats a done deal.

However....

the government of the day and most certainly the city of liverpool (my lowercase) are now intent on grinding our own City into the dust and i take this as a personal affront to the graft of my ancestors and the other means by which liverpools wealth was built.

Which was caused by too few open turnstiles and too few police and bad planning.

Any more questions?

Youre contradicting yourself!

Youre saying they walked in calmly and behaved themselves but admitting they were causing a crush.!

No wonder youre confused.

But fans would not know what was happening in front of them,how can they be accused of pushing fans to their deaths if they had no idea what was happening,even if they were pushing......crowds push at football games,they don't do it to kill people,drunk or not.

But the point is that they shouldn't have been pushing their way in. Its obvious that if you push your way into a crowded pen then some people will get crushed. Some senior police officers should, at the very least, be prosecuted for perjury. But to say that no fans were responsible for the deaths seems utterly ridiculous! I think a lot of people will be sceptical about the decision to hold the inquest so close to Liverpool. Maybe the government just wanted to put this whole thing to bed?

I agree they didn't intend to kill people, but neither did the police officers who made the difficult decisions on the day.

Any more questions?

Is this a fact?do you have proof they were escaping the crush?

Is this a fact?do you have proof they were escaping the crush?

It's in the report.

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 20:33 ----------

Youre contradicting yourself!

Youre saying they walked in calmly and behaved themselves but admitting they were causing a crush.!

No wonder youre confused.

The crush at the turnstiles....?

Read the reports.

Police and Crime Commissioner has suspended Chief Constable David Crompton - a few questions

a) will this suspension lead to anything happening before Crompton retires at the end of the year (as previously announced)?

b) is it just me that is cynical and think that this suspension is to save votes for the Police and Crime Commissioner election next week or do any of you think something similar? (of course, in reality, i'm sure the two are not related at all)

Just interested in other people's thoughts.

The crush caused by people pushing!

Were getting there.

Caused by the flow of too many people through too little space..

Are you there yet?