Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

The jurors watched all available footage for themselves and will have heard from residents on Leppings Lane and the Beer Off (if they volunteered to testify at least, so as to prevent the whitewash?)

they will have only seen what they were given:roll:

I think trying to get some people to change their long-held views about Hillsborough is hard because it involves them having to change other long-held views. There is a certain percentage of the population that believes things like the police are primarily there to help us, that governments govern in our interest, that if UK armed forces are involved in a conflict it must be for morally good reasons and so on. This is a comforting view of the world, where good things by and large happen to good people and vice versa. It is fed to people through the media, schools and other institutions over long years of our lives so that it strikes many people as completely reasonable, beyond question. Certainly the opposing view is not very comforting at all.

So, asking those people to accept that those in power deliberately and maliciously lied to them and smeared the powerless and used their power and influence to cover up to maintain their own positions over decades is a highly discomforting ask. Because if they accept it in relation to Hillsborough they might have to accept it in relation to wars that have been fought, they might have to question whether people without jobs and on benefits really are to blame for their own situations and all the other tropes that the powerful trot out to keep themselves in their positions and the rest of us firmly in our places. In that regard the truth about Hillsborough is an eye-opener too far for some.

The whole thrust of your post implying cover up and political motivation in order to further ones own gain is undeniably destroyed within your very own text.

This-the second inquest- is of course politically motivated. Conservatives stood and indeed stand to lose zero seats within Sheffield or the wider region. I am a lifelong Tory but I am done.

Your argument does not hold water and implodes upon itself.

By who, the police? Who blamed fans? Logical fallacy there...roll your eyes right back.

Please provide the evidence.

the evidence is clear to see, the few released pictures show the story, so are you saying that the late fans queued in an orderly manner, side by side, before you! no before you! no i insist????:suspect: really? by the way i of course accept SYP carry a good part of the blame and so do SWFC but so do those late fans, who were more than likely the same type of fan that were at other football crush crowd disasters!!

Told by people who say it's a whitewash? Because they know better? But didn't give evidence to Taylor, the HIP or testify at the inquest? And they wonder why it's a whitewash do they? Ok...

The blame on SYP can be pointed at certain names as the Andy Burnham says this isn't about the ordinary copper but their bosses,you can't single the fans out and the ones who were the problem certainly aren't going to hold their hands up and admit it.

You really don't have a clue about how the whole process was undertaken do you. If you want to educate yourself just look on the website set up to allow the proceedings to be read by the wider public.

If you seriously think that evidence that may have had a bearing on the outcome then you obviously know better than the gathered members of the legal profession and one of the best judges this country has produced.

The match was the first to be transmitted globally via satellite,the broadcast company had a slot booked from 3pm until 5pm and objected strongly to any kick off delay

I dont undertand why has the current SYP comissioner been suspended now? He's only been in charge four years. God can you imagine being on the jury and not giving them the answer they want?

the evidence is clear to see, the few released pictures show the story, so are you saying that the late fans queued in an orderly manner, side by side, before you! no before you! no i insist????:suspect: really? by the way i of course accept SYP carry a good part of the blame and so do SWFC but so do those late fans, who were more than likely the same type of fan that were at other football crush crowd disasters!!

But....they weren't even late anyway. Advice was to arrive 15 mins early-there were 2000 fans outside the ground at 2:30. Who could have got in on time if the right number of turnstiles were opened and kick off was delayed. Footage doesn't show any of what you suggest; they walk in calmly when the gate is opened then basic crowd dynamics took over causing a crush.

Edited by Shef1985

I dont undertand why has the current SYP comissioner been suspended now? He's only been in charge four years. God can you imagine being on the jury and not giving them the answer they want?

amen to that

Caused delays to the inquest for a start....you should read his emails regarding the inquest.

But....they weren't even late anyway. Advice was to arrive 15 mins early-there were 2000 fans outside the ground at 2:30. Who could have got in on time if the right number of turnstiles were opened and kick off was delayed. Footage doesn't show any of what you suggest; they walk in calmly when the gate is open then basic crowd theory took over causing a crush.

So no one climbed the wall?