Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

All incredibly sad from start to finish and you have to admire the tenacity of the families for getting things to this Stage against the obvious barriers in their way. one thing though.. Liverpool have complained ,quite rightly IMO, about the way their city as a whole has been maligned for so long over this.Now that we have a conclusion (to the inquest at least) we now realise that the criticism has been rightly aimed at the Police,ambulance service,engineers and club.(this last one particularly upsets me as a fan but is probably justified). But why did the Star Feel the need today to summarise the story as "Sheffield in the Dock".Isnt this risking serious danger of starting the whole City scapegoat thing off all over again?

It could be. Who knows. All I know is yes, the people who died were innocent. Yes, SYP messed up bad with all the lies but its also a YES to the fact that some of the late arrivals were very very drunk. Some were violent. Some were possibly ticketless too but some were also guilty of pushing their fellow fans to their deaths. This has been forgotten in the push to show what morons SYP were. If they had accepted their failings, accepted they got some things wrong and told the whole truth maybe some would have been sacked or charged but ill tell you one thing. The blame would have been placed on those at fault and I mean all of the ones at fault. From SWFC to SYP to the drunk late arrivals hell bent on getting inside the ground by fair means or foul.

I know i said i was moving on to post elsewhere but I just felt your post was deserving of a reply.

What a crying shame if the only footage to disappear is the same footage that would have saved SYP!!

It could be. Who knows. All I know is yes, the people who died were innocent. Yes, SYP messed up bad with all the lies but its also a YES to the fact that some of the late arrivals were very very drunk. Some were violent. Some were possibly ticketless too but some were also guilty of pushing their fellow fans to their deaths. This has been forgotten in the push to show what morons SYP were. If they had accepted their failings, accepted they got some things wrong and told the whole truth maybe some would have been sacked or charged but ill tell you one thing. The blame would have been placed on those at fault and I mean all of the ones at fault. From SWFC to SYP to the drunk late arrivals hell bent on getting inside the ground by fair means or foul.

I know i said i was moving on to post elsewhere but I just felt your post was deserving of a reply.

But fans would not know what was happening in front of them,how can they be accused of pushing fans to their deaths if they had no idea what was happening,even if they were pushing......crowds push at football games,they don't do it to kill people,drunk or not.

What a crying shame if the only footage to disappear is the same footage that would have saved SYP!!

I doubt even that would have saved SYP. Well not on its own at least. No, the die was cast when the police lied, lied and lied again. For me its THAT what has put SYP in the wrong in all this. They should have had the gumption to stand firm and tell the truth then the liverpool fans would have got real justice and so would their families.

And so would Sheffield.

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 19:48 ----------

But fans would not know what was happening in front of them,how can they be accused of pushing fans to their deaths if they had no idea what was happening,even if they were pushing......crowds push at football games,they don't do it to kill people,drunk or not.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Some of the fans would have known full well there was a problem. Some would have tried to extricate themselves from the impending crush, some would have just carried on pushing.

All incredibly sad from start to finish and you have to admire the tenacity of the families for getting things to this Stage against the obvious barriers in their way. one thing though.. Liverpool have complained ,quite rightly IMO, about the way their city as a whole has been maligned for so long over this.Now that we have a conclusion (to the inquest at least) we now realise that the criticism has been rightly aimed at the Police,ambulance service,engineers and club.(this last one particularly upsets me as a fan but is probably justified). But why did the Star Feel the need today to summarise the story as "Sheffield in the Dock".Isnt this risking serious danger of starting the whole City scapegoat thing off all over again?

I doubt even that would have saved SYP. Well not on its own at least. No, the die was cast when the police lied, lied and lied again. For me its THAT what has put SYP in the wrong in all this. They should have had the gumption to stand firm and tell the truth then the liverpool fans would have got real justice and so would their families.

And so would Sheffield.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Some of the fans would have known full well there was a problem. Some would have tried to extricate themselves from the impending crush, some would have just carried on pushing.

What, actual footage showing violent, drunk fans pushing wouldn't have vindicated the police? Do me a favour. No such footage exists. And never did.

The thing that amazes me is that there was a conspiracy to cover up what happened on that day, that involved the government and the police - and all people here seem to be concerned about was the actions of some (allegedly) drunk fans.

Right, well now I am going to leave this subject to you good people. Im in danger of opening some old wounds I really dont want to open.

And so would Sheffield.

'A problem' is a totally different statement to one saying that they pushed them to their deaths.

Right, well now I am going to leave this subject to you good people. Im in danger of opening some old wounds I really dont want to open.

Operation Resolve...for the truth. If you think it's worth it!

What have The Scousers threatened will happen if they don't get what they want,and which Scousers are doing the threatening?..........are you saying that the jury was threatened into the decision they made?

Where did I mention threaten?what I'm saying this will not be left alone until the verdict is the one the families wanted to hear,heads should roll with the SYPC but what I have been told is the fans cannot be blameless.The 96 probally were.

Where did I mention threaten?what I'm saying this will not be left alone until the verdict is the one the families wanted to hear,heads should roll with the SYPC but what I have been told is the fans cannot be blameless.The 96 probally were.

Told by people who say it's a whitewash? Because they know better? But didn't give evidence to Taylor, the HIP or testify at the inquest? And they wonder why it's a whitewash do they? Ok...

No.......you said dare not speak,so there must be a fear of speaking,which Scousers are causing it?

Edited by chalga