Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

David Duckenfield made a catastrophic error of judgement and then lied to cover it up. He must carry this burden of guilt with him until his dying day. I personally would find this very hard to live with. He has already been named, shamed and vilified and it is very likely that he will now be prosecuted and sent to jail. I wonder whether this would be the right course of action, from a moral and humane point of view. He is a flawed human being, who did not intentionally kill anyone, not a Nazi war criminal.

David Duckenfield made a catastrophic error of judgement and then lied to cover it up. He must carry this burden of guilt with him until his dying day. I personally would find this very hard to live with. He has already been named, shamed and vilified and it is very likely that he will now be prosecuted and sent to jail. I wonder whether this would be the right course of action, from a moral and humane point of view. He is a flawed human being, who did not intentionally kill anyone, not a Nazi war criminal.

Must go higher than him to be honest....Patnick anyone?

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 18:41 ----------

The cover up I mean

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 18:41 ----------

The cover up I mean

Patnick is no longer with us.

His comments on the events were indeed disgusting though

The truth will never be told out of fear.

very true!!! its as plain as the nose on your face that there were many elements to this tragic happening where 96 innocents died!! they were the ones that got to the game on time, with tickets and not drunk!! circumstances sealed their fate when a selection of bad decisions by SYP and Sheffield Wednesday ground were made or not made......BUT for the inquest to say drunk ticketless fans pushing and almost rioting to get in were not in some way small or largely to blame is ludicrous , they also must take some of the blame??? i hope their conscience is pricking them every day:o

very true!!! its as plain as the nose on your face that there were many elements to this tragic happening where 96 innocents died!! they were the ones that got to the game on time, with tickets and not drunk!! circumstances sealed their fate when a selection of bad decisions by SYP and Sheffield Wednesday ground were made or not made......BUT for the inquest to say drunk ticketless fans pushing and almost rioting to get in were not in some way small or largely to blame is ludicrous , they also must take some of the blame??? i hope their conscience is pricking them every day:o

^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read the Taylor report, look at the HIP, look at the inquest evidence. If you have anything to offer that changes those outcomes I suggest you go to court during the criminal prosecutions- in fact there is one going on now. Contact them.

spot on comment

Now the inquest has delivered their verdict. We have to respect it no matter how we feel. Yesterday I went down to the memorial at SWFC and placed a single red rose for the 96. This gave me a great sense of pride to be from Sheffield. By shear coincidence I'm in Liverpool next week, can anyone tell me the exact location of both the memorial for hills borough and Hysel at LFC

So just who were the late arrivals pushing from the rear?

Agree. Also all the hooligans over a number of years who made it necessary for fencing to be erected.

Presumably all the self-righteous Liverpudlians (not the relatives) will be pushing for an enquiry into Heysel.

But that didn't happen did it? It was a lie, one than you seem keen to keep perpetuating.

Agree. Also all the hooligans over a number of years who made it necessary for fencing to be erected.

Presumably all the self-righteous Liverpudlians (not the relatives) will be pushing for an enquiry into Heysel.

No inquiry necessary, 14 fans were jailed for Heysel