Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

Or those with tickets could have arranged to arrive on time. Problem solved.

If it was only folk who had tickets got into the ground why were there crushes inside. Did they sell too many tickets or were there folk inside who hadn't got one?

Read the report. For one reason or another, the fans were all funnelled into one of the three pens. Two of the pens hand plenty of room.

Or those with tickets could have arranged to arrive on time. Problem solved.

If it was only folk who had tickets got into the ground why were there crushes inside. Did they sell too many tickets or were there folk inside who hadn't got one?

Roadworks on the motorway held up many fans.

As for your second point, I suggest you read the last couple of pages before replying.

The turnstiles at the Leppings Lane End would have needed to be at full capacity from 1pm to allow for all the fans to enter by 3pm.

So with the knowledge of how turnstiles work it would have been a good idea to arrive early.

Read the report. For one reason or another, the fans were all funnelled into one of the three pens. Two of the pens hand plenty of room.

The fans weren't 'funnelled' into any pen. The problem was when you got through the turnstile a tunnel in front of you led to the terrace, which most fans aimed for. They didn't know / weren't told that the pens at the side which they could have gone to, were only half full

So with the knowledge of how turnstiles work it would have been a good idea to arrive early.

Would't it have been a better idea to have turnstiles that were fit for purpose?

I don't think the fans are told, previous to the game, what the working capacity of the turnstiles is.

The fans weren't 'funnelled' into any pen. The problem was when you got through the turnstile a tunnel in front of you led to the terrace, which most fans aimed for. They didn't know / weren't told that the pens at the side which they could have gone to, were only half full

That's the point I made.

Would't it have been a better idea to have turnstiles that were fit for purpose?

Exactly - one of the reasons SWFC were found partly at fault

I'm sure it would. How did they manage at all the other games?

Exactly - one of the reasons SWFC were found partly at fault

Can you point me to the page of the report where it states this

Can you point me to the page of the report where it states this

It's in the jury's verdict this afternoon.

If you notice, not many 'so called' fans had Liverpool shirts on...it does not make sense!!

I'm soooo bored of arguing with the ignorant that I am resorting to the Chewbacca Defense.