Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

The issue of ticketless fans was addressed in the Taylor Report. The Taylor Inquiry & Report dealt with issue of ticketless fans very clearly.

There were fewer than 30 ticketless fans by best estimates.

In a crowd of ten thousand it's possible that the 30 fans may have had a bearing on what happened. Assuming that every ticketless fan pushed with all their strength at the back of the crowd then they contributed to the disaster to the tune of 0.3%

so if the stand was full, the area behind the turnstiles was full and there were thousands of people outside the ground trying to get in,with tickets, where were they going to go?

so if the stand was full, the area behind the turnstiles was full and there were thousands of people outside the ground trying to get in,with tickets, where were they going to go?

The stand wasn't full.

RIP to those who went to a football match and never returned. I have no more to say other than it was a horrible man made disaster.

Angel1.

Why not? Your tone suggests you think it's a whitewash, you and others like you could have changed that....

You have your opinion and I,ll have mine, everyone has the right to their own, right or wrong each person to their own.

You have your opinion and I,ll have mine, everyone has the right to their own, right or wrong each person to their own.

Yet some opinions can be backed up with evidence.......

Does it matter to either of you that there is no evidence that drunk ticketless fans caused or contributed to the tragedy?

I get that your struggling to let go of that belief because it all adds up in your experience of events but you really can find out why they were not a significant factor if you want to.

But how many Liverpool fans are going to admit to have been there without a ticket, after what happened? How can you provide evidence when it's impossible to prove who was there without tickets or that heavily drunk that they perhaps did things they normally wouldn't have.

There was no way that any other verdict could have come from this, with the publicity over the years about the case, and where the trial was located, there was no chance of a completely unbiased trial.

I just hope that it brings some closure to the victims families.

But how many Liverpool fans are going to admit to have been there without a ticket, after what happened? How can you provide evidence when it's impossible to prove who was there without tickets or that heavily drunk that they perhaps did things they normally wouldn't have.

There was no way that any other verdict could have come from this, with the publicity over the years about the case, and where the trial was located, there was no chance of a completely unbiased trial.

Read back though this thread. The number of fans who entered the ground was calculated from turnstiles and from CCTV. The numbers did not exceed the numbers of tickets that were sold. This is the type of real evidence that has been used during the inquest. They didn't try and ask everyone who was there if they had a ticket.

This thread has been pruned of some bad tempered posts and worse tempered replies to them.

Please avoid descending into insulting other users instead of disagreeing with their opinion or answering their question.

Above anything else, please remember that there are opinions in this world which disagree with your own and the people who hold those opinions are as entitled to hold them as you are to hold yours.

Please correct me if I am wrong but you seem to be accepting that there is no evidence. Then suggesting that there can be no evidence.

So, my question is what good reason is there to believe it? If "it's impossible to prove who was there without tickets or that heavily drunk that they perhaps did things they normally wouldn't have" then why are we even talking about it?

And secondly, do you have simlar concerns about all verdicts in high profile cases that are reached in reasonable proximity to the inital incidents or do you reserve your suspicion solely for the Hillsborough Inquest?

EDIT: I hope that is in the spirit intended when re-opening the thread but if the mods think not then please remove this post.

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 18:27 ----------

As far as I can see Crompton has been suspended at least in part due to the manner of SYP defence during the Inquest which, in direct contradiction to the Coroner's request, effectively reversed the previous statements given by Crompton in relation to various areas of culpability. It is alleged that on his watch almost £20 million of public money was used to mount a previously discredited version of events and that the process took twelve moths longer than it needed to due to the stance taken by SYP for which he is ultimately ressponsible.

I suppose, then, that he has been suspended in order for an internal investigation into this stuff to take place without his influence being a factor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/david-crompton-south-yorkshire-police-chief-constable-suspended-hillsborough_uk_5720d8cbe4b0d6f7bed54f38?utm_hp_ref=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

Edited by mikem8634

The truth will never be told out of fear.

It got told yesterday

Explain that please....who are you afraid of?