Hillsborough Inquest Verdicts Returned

The issue of ticketless fans was addressed in the Taylor Report. The Taylor Inquiry & Report dealt with issue of ticketless fans very clearly.

There were fewer than 30 ticketless fans by best estimates.

In a crowd of ten thousand it's possible that the 30 fans may have had a bearing on what happened. Assuming that every ticketless fan pushed with all their strength at the back of the crowd then they contributed to the disaster to the tune of 0.3%

The police caused the disaster. Duckenfield admits today - not only did he open the gate but he closed the tunnel - thereby directly causing the 96 deaths.

Ever since police failings killed those people the dead have been attacked and maligned. Did you know the police extracted blood from the corpses of children to try, and fail, to prove they were drunk? It suited corrupt police and venal politicians to blame fans, and the lies told by a pliant media resonate today among the gullible.

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan and have been disgusted at this whole debacle from the day of disaster in 89, it's disgraceful how they tried to burry it blaming it on fans and the whole cover up stinks, it's like 9/11 all over again, they've said it's unlawful killing across the board so where's the prosecutions now, it's a shambles that this has dragged SWFC through the gutter like this, hope the families can have closure now they've been vindicated

Sheffield Wednesday to blame – check

Police to blame – check

Planners to blame – check

Ambulance service to blame – check

Engineers to blame – check#

Drunk fans without tickets – not a chance

Do you assume that you are better placed to reach conclusions from that evidence than the inquest jury?

I feel that as someone who has followed the inquests closely and read a large proportion of the transcripts, as well as the supporting evidence which was uploaded alongside them, I'm entitled to an opinion on what happened, which I'm trying to express as reasonably as possible. It wasn't a closed case, and everyone who was so inclined was able to follow the proceedings with almost as much access to the evidence as the jurors had.

I also feel that the location of the inquests (on the banks of the Mersey) and the area the jury was the selected from were wholly inappropriate. That element of the inquest makes me very uncomfortable.

Edited by amazon123

Does that mean we don't have to hear about this any more ? I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about it. No smoke without fire and Liverpool fans had a reputation back then.

By the same token, your opinion is equally as meaningless.

I'm glad you said that, I was about to post the same.

It's amazing how many times cctv footage goes mysteriously missing after police failures. Happened here, happened with de Menezes. It's curious how the video cassettes were removed by the police and nobody knows what happened to them.

The Sun are saying "No comment" Journalists are outside Duckenfield's bungalow. No answer. Quite a few South Yorkshire Police are probably going to go to prison for Perverting Justice.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 11:22 ----------

By the same token, your opinion is equally as meaningless.

Wibbles isn't claiming special knowledge. You are, but you refuse to share it.

The issue of ticketless fans was addressed in the Taylor Report. The Taylor Inquiry & Report dealt with issue of ticketless fans very clearly.

There were fewer than 30 ticketless fans by best estimates.

In a crowd of ten thousand it's possible that the 30 fans may have had a bearing on what happened. Assuming that every ticketless fan pushed with all their strength at the back of the crowd then they contributed to the disaster to the tune of 0.3%

The police caused the disaster. Duckenfield admits today - not only did he open the gate but he closed the tunnel - thereby directly causing the 96 deaths.

Ever since police failings killed those people the dead have been attacked and maligned. Did you know the police extracted blood from the corpses of children to try, and fail, to prove they were drunk? It suited corrupt police and venal politicians to blame fans, and the lies told by a pliant media resonate today among the gullible.

Very well said.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:24 ----------

I feel that as someone who has followed the inquests closely and read a large proportion of the transcripts, as well as the supporting evidence which was uploaded alongside them, I'm entitled to an opinion on what happened, which I'm trying to express as reasonably as possible. It wasn't a closed case, and everyone who was so inclined was able to follow the proceedings with almost as much access to the evidence as the jurors had.

I also feel that the location of the inquests (on the banks of the Mersey) and the area the jury was the selected from were wholly inappropriate. That element of the inquest makes me very uncomfortable.

So, what evidence can you present to back up your point of view and was that evidence ignored by the inquest jury?

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:26 ----------

Does that mean we don't have to hear about this any more ? I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about it. No smoke without fire and Liverpool fans had a reputation back then.

Out of interest, when nobody believed the people of Liverpool about the lies and cover-up were you condemning the SYP because of no smoke without fire?

Edited by mikem8634

Rip the 96 but to say the fans caused no danger is the cowards way out,fans without tickets contributed to this disaster as did decisions by SYP.

Very well said.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 12:24 ----------

So, what evidence can you present to back up your point of view and was that evidence ignored by the inquest jury?

You ask an awful lot of questions but haven't yet said much of value. Let me ask you a question.

Do you believe that, on the day of the disaster, all Liverpool fans behaved in a reasonable, responsible manner with due regard to the safety of those around them?

I won't bring Liverpool fans' behaviour at previous matches, which has been well documented and discussed ad nauseum over the years, into this. It's interesting and indicative, but not strictly relevant to events that day. This is also true of fans of other teams.

Edited by amazon123

Rip the 96 but to say the fans caused no danger is the cowards way out,fans without tickets contributed to this disaster as did decisions by SYP.

What evidence to you have to prove that the inquest jury was wrong?

You're a football fan? And you want to bury the Hillsborough Disaster? Did you go to matches in the 80s? I did. If you did you'll know it's not just about Liverpool fans. Sure, they were the victims in this case but it could have been any of us and our family members and friends at almost any stadium up and down the country. We were all treated like animals rather than paying customers, and more importantly, rather than human beings.

I think people are going around in circles now, some support the decision, others feel that the fans contributed. This thread will only end up going one way.