Firth Park co-op closed down

The co-op that has just closed used to be Fine Fare, it has also been a Sommerfields as well. The shop that is now Jack Fultons used to be the Co-op (I'm going back to the 70's by the way).

I was going back to 70s too. Not been to Firth Park for years even though I lived there 25 years.

anyone remember martin kemp coming to open summerfields up in early 2000's my aunt was there, i wasn't bothered really.

I remember Steve Davis opening the big video shop on Stubbin Lane in the mid 80s (I think it was called Video City - could be wrong though)

Sorry not really adding to the thread but that was classic:hihi:

I thank you :) (takes a humble bow)

If they put a waitrose or sainsbury there we would shop there. But would have to sort the parking, at the moment it is both a few parking spaces and a bus station together that gets easily blocked.

The parking isn't that much of a problem if you're prepared to walk 100 metres to the public car park on Hucklow Road, although I concede that describing Firth Park Centre as a bus station is probably the most accurate description I've read! At busy times, it's easier and faster to park on Hucklow Road and walk to the shops than it is to try and park outside the supermarket or even negotiate the roundabout in a car.

anyone remember martin kemp coming to open summerfields up in early 2000's my aunt was there, i wasn't bothered really.

That's when the store was re-branded as a Kwik Save, wasn't it? I'd recently moved into the area not long before and I did notice that when the store re-opened as Kwik Save, the prices were significantly cheaper and the store was much busier. However, the economy began to improve at that point, so people started to turn their noses up at the low-end supermarkets such as Kwik Save and Netto in favour of the 'big four' supermarkets and so the two cheaper supermarkets in the area (the Kwik Save at Firth Park and the Netto at Lane Top) were respectively rebranded again or closed shortly after :|

went in heron yesterday not a bad shop quiet busy then had a look in jack fultons EMPTY is this the end for jack hope not

It's basically two stores next to each other selling pretty much the exact same thing as each other. I went into both yesterday and only saw a slight difference in the stock. Not impressed to be honest. The only good thing I found was that Heron's was a lot easier to get around as it did not feel as cluttered as Fulton's. Also, Fulton's had plenty of staff on yesterday and it was fairly empty, but there were no baskets available at the entrance.

Hang on . . . are you saying the heron store in Firth park is already open ?

Hang on . . . are you saying the heron store in Firth park is already open ?

Opened monday!!!!

I remember Steve Davis opening the big video shop on Stubbin Lane in the mid 80s (I think it was called Video City - could be wrong though)

Was v good friends with the owner. Used to stay with him when playing the crucible.

So I popped into Heron's recently and . . . it's tidy than Jack Fultons (no surprises there).

The prices are reasonable, but not earth-shattering value for money. Their opening offers are good (two bottles of pink lucozade for a quid*) but the non-offer prices are more comparable to the Iceland at Lane Top. It's a smaller shop than the Iceland so the range of products and variety isn't that large.

We do need that Selfridges and Harvey Nicks up this side of the city.

*offers are available in other shops

New shop opened at the side of Fultons. Anyone been in?