Firth Park co-op closed down

What will happen to the post office when the Coop closes?

What will happen to the post office when the Coop closes?

The post office is in Jack Fultons.

the post office is in jack fultons so it should be alright .just wonder which freezer shop will be the better option

Really surprised to see that the co-op in Firth Park has closed. Co-op say the store was unprofitable, but it has been in the village since 1950. Not only that but it had competition from it's next door store Fine Fare/Gateway/Kwik Save etc and always thrived.

So how come it suddenly became unprofitable? Was it the range of goods, value, customer service or other issues that has ended decades of co-op?

I feel saddened that one by one national names have left Firth Park leaving it with few quality shops left.

Really surprised to see that the co-op in Firth Park has closed. Co-op say the store was unprofitable, but it has been in the village since 1950. Not only that but it had competition from it's next door store Fine Fare/Gateway/Kwik Save etc and always thrived.

So how come it suddenly became unprofitable? Was it the range of goods, value, customer service or other issues that has ended decades of co-op?

I feel saddened that one by one national names have left Firth Park leaving it with few quality shops left.

Because people like me realised they were taking the Micky! I have not been in my local Co-op for 18 months since they tried to charge £1.10 for lettuce and £1.64 for a pack of there own butter lol. I walked over the road to Aldi and paid 44p for the lettuce and 88p for the same size butter! I vowed never to return and have only been in to use the post office when I have not had the car to drive in to town.

Coop name is not very commercial and the way they are managed in a competitive market is questionable.

Internet shopping will make a lot of these half/half shops disappear.

Coop name is not very commercial and the way they are managed in a competitive market is questionable.

Internet shopping will make a lot of these half/half shops disappear.

Really Dutch, where do you get your information:-

From Retail Week Magazine

Co-operative Food has delivered a “robust” performance in the tough grocery market, posting increases in both like-for-likes and profits.

Co-op Food underlying profits increased 1.5% to £251m in the year to January 3. Overall like-or-likes were up 0.4% and up 3.2% in the ‘core convenience’ stores. Revenues across Co-op Food were £7.09bn.

Co-op Food, the group’s largest business, said it “continued the implementation of the True North strategy, focused on the convenience market”.

The grocer acquired 82 convenience stores and refurbished more than 700 stores in the year. It lowered prices across 40 categories and invested in own-brand product.

As the Co-op Group concludes its ‘rescue’ phase, it will now implement its rebuild plan, said chief executive Richard Pennycook. That three-year plan will include acquiring a further 100 convenience stores and refurbishing 255.

The retailer said it expects the food market to “remain competitive” but has developed a “comprehensive plan” to improve the commercial performance of Food.

Co-op Food said it will focus on better serving its customers by investing in price, product and people “by further improving our operational efficiency and cost base”.

Should hae used the shop then it would still be open:hihi:

4 new shops are planned in Sheffield .

Where has this been said?

Stannington , Glossop Rd , Beighton plus one more .

I believe the 4th one could be Carterknowle Rd.